ML & Data Science - Engineer - B2B Solutions - Worldwide
27 days ago
Are you tired of academia? Do you get more satisfaction from delivering business results and great questions instead of producing research papers? Are you building a deep intuition about data and how to define success before going deep with algorithms? If you're a builder who is fearless in challenging conventions and bringing new ideas to the table, we want to hear from you! To bring our tailor-made tools for the needs of the movie industry to the very next level.
Own the machine room of the data products driving our business:
- Improve our automated campaign steering and drive home every flight on target and on time.
- Work on our mean hybrid interest signals data machine.
- Collaborate directly with the founders of JustWatch on the business brain of our company and lead your team to deliver on time.
- And advance our targeting by extracting every ounce of entertainment intelligence from our recommendation system based on massive user and item data.
Who you are:
- You are an expert in machine learning and data science, but you see yourself more as a solutions engineer than a scientist.
- You get satisfaction from delivering business results and asking great questions rather than from producing research papers.
- A system thinker who intuitively understands data and defines success well before diving into algorithms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Don't start from scratch. Draw from years of data engineering excellence and a treasure trove of meaningful quality data you can model on from day one. Iterate with boring technology and keep it simple. Snowflake, Python, Pytorch, Scipy, XGBoost. You'll start introducing more complexity where it makes sense.
- Build prototypes based on smart assumptions in three days instead of planning to outperform the SoTA in three months.
- Understand our rich internal Recommendations-ML-Engine to pull from. Work on classical (non-)linear optimization problems through tabular modeling, forecasting, normalization, and NLP.
- Steal liberally from basic research instead of attempting it yourself.
How to applyShow your interest in any way that works for you; we simplified the application process - send us whatever you have or just your Linkedin and a brief message explaining why you are an excellent fit for this role. JustWatch takes diversity and equal opportunity seriously. We commit to being inclusive. Our goal is to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We embrace our entrepreneurial responsibilities. Through our 6-figure environmental and social impact budget, we offset every employee's carbon footprint, give back to the community, support causes that matter, and have recently implemented a well-being and mental health program.
Originally posted on Himalayas