News Editor - USA
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray TV New Show Development:
This is a new show being developed by Gray Television and an opportunity to join a team producing the next wave of syndicated programming for the company. The daily show will include elements from InvestigateTV as well as original editorial content and stories culled from Gray stations.
The ideal candidate for Editor will be technically skilled, have a creative mindset and a strong attention to detail. This will NOT be a newscast. This is an opportunity to focus on journalism and long-form storytelling. The show will be a journey across America through the lens of in-depth storytelling focusing on holding the powerful accountable, informing consumers and profiling the American experience.
The Editor will be responsible for working with the Production Manager and team to build visually impactful and informative stories for the daily show. The Editor will need a creative eye and an attention to detail in order to maintain the editorial and visual standards of the broadcast.
Duties/Responsibilities would include (but not be limited to):
- Work with several team members across multiple projects (Production Manager, Executive Producer, Producers and Reporters) to edit segments and episodes for the daily show.
- Use company Bitcentral platforms and station websites to locate content for the daily show
- Work with PM, EP and Producers to ensure the visual standards of the show are maintained
- Assist management in meeting regular production schedule deadlines
- Digital/Social/CTV duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 5 years of experience in Broadcast News
- Proficiency in non-linear editing and the ability to learn the Adobe Creative Suite as well as new systems as they are implemented. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Proficiency in motion graphics and the ability to learn the Adobe Creative Suite as well as new systems as they are implemented. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Motivated, self-starter who is detail oriented
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with Gray management at the station and corporate level
- Proficiency in Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented
- Proficiency in BitCentral as well as new systems as they are implemented
- Understanding of digital CMS production and the ability to learn Arc as well as new systems as they are implemented
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with travel and work schedules
- Remote work a possibility
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
GRAY MEDIA GROUP/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.