Partner Development Manager, Platforms and Ecosystems - Worldwide
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Revenue and Finance Automation (RFA) + Platforms Ecosystem Partnerships team is part of our Global Partnerships organization, and supports new and existing SaaS and platform products for Stripe. This includes defining new and managing existing partnership opportunities, strategies, and segments for our SaaS products (some examples include: Stripe Tax, Stripe Billing, Stripe Revenue Recognition) and expanding our ecosystem through platforms such as Stripe Apps.
What you’ll do
This role will be responsible for driving strategies and partnerships for existing and new products, with a focus on growing the Stripe Apps ecosystem requiring both partner recruitment and ongoing relationship management. As part of these efforts, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. product, eng, go to market) across the company and with external partners as you develop and execute new partnerships (and related strategies) and manage the existing partner ecosystem. You will drive mission critical projects to expand the Stripe Apps ecosystem into new partner types (e.g. plug-ins), drive adoption of new Stripe platforms and surfaces, and increase attach of Stripe’s SaaS products.
- Manage Stripe’s most critical product partnerships, with a focus on driving the execution of joint initiatives and launching new offerings to benefit Stripe users
- Ensure best-in-class, methodical partner and deal management rooted in milestone management, KPIs and alignment on opportunities of mutual interest
- Leverage industry knowledge to craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies, and execute deals and initiatives that support Stripe’s strategy
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal cross-functional stakeholders (including risk, compliance, product, engineering, treasury) to drive creation and execution of partner (and related product) strategy
- Identify partner stakeholders who will champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, and build alignment between Stripe and our partner’s executive teams
- Manage strategic planning and negotiation/expansion with our integration partner(s) as well as negotiate complex first of kind deals
- Manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Uses strategic and product creativity to collaborate with Stripe leaders to develop new partner models for Stripe products
- Exhibits an operationally focused mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex relationship management activities by setting a clear vision, and running tight processes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 8+ years of experience in strategic partnerships, business development, corporate development or related field
- Thorough understanding of product partnership dynamics and business models
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Proven ability to navigate technical requirements and workflows
- Experience negotiating commercial deals with technology partners, including scaling such deals across multiple partners
- Experience working in a product centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally across a wide variety of functions, including at the C level
- 5+ years of experience related to ecosystems, payments, or marketplaces
- Background in Technical Partnerships
- Experience in a sales or go to market role preferably in the payments or SaaS space
Originally posted on Himalayas