Principal/Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure) - Worldwide
13 days ago
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to the SLAs as per contract.
- Take the lead on urgent issues and projects, ensuring statuses are properly communicated and appropriate staffing resources are assigned as required.
- Cloud and Puppet Automation: Design, build, support, and manage engineering activities related to cloud initiatives. Develop, design, and support automation modules using puppet technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in tech stack such as Linux, Networking and Load Balancing
- Have a thorough process methodology and ability to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with development engineering to create and deploy a CI/CD infrastructure.
- Develop and implement environments for quality assurance, development, etc.
- Deploy and Support applications in a cloud environment.
- Responsible for infrastructure security and making sure environments are secure, reliable, scalable, and automated.
- Providing direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production.
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Designing, implementing and testing agreed-upon infrastructures.
- Automating deployment of Linux applications, system configurations and security settings.
- Evaluate candidates for open positions
- BS degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar relevant field
- Minimum 3-7 years of related experience in the professional industry.
- Working on tools like Jenkins, Azure, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Subversion, Docker, or relevant
- Strong experience in the administration of cloud-hosted environments on at least one popular cloud IAAS platform such as Azure and AWS
- DevOps – familiarity with DevOps practices and automation tooling
- Hands-on expertise on Microsoft products. (TFS, TeamCity)
- Virtualization – Facility with the techniques used to virtualize servers, applications, and desktops. Knowledge of the data center requirements to implement each technology.
- Must have hands-on working with the automation tool i.e. Ansible, Chef.
- Experience with infrastructure tools like Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Experience with CI/CD toolchain (Kubernetes)
- Basic level scripting experience (Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell).
- Experience with Linux distributions (Rhel 8, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Amazon Linux)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Flexible attitude and versatile personality.
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Health Insurance
- Training and Development
- Life Insurance
- Exchange Program
Originally posted on Himalayas