Principal Software Engineer, Data Productivity - Worldwide
23 days ago
Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The TeamData is a BIG deal at Atlassian. We ingest over billions of events each day into our real-time data platform and we have dozens of teams across the company depending on the speed and reliability of the data that the platform provides.The Data Productivity team rolls up into the Analytics Platform Engineering and builds self serve tooling and services to support the needs of both the Petabyte scale Atlassian Data Lake the Customer Facing Data Lake powered by Atlassian Analytics . The team builds scalable self serve services to support Data Ingestion , Transformation Observability . The team consists of a group backend engineers with deep expertise around Data Platforms .
What you'll do
- Design and develop highly scalable and self serve data platform solutions.
- Partner with principal engineers and architects from other teams and lead exploration of large-scale projects spanning multiple teams .
- Lead code reviews documentation and take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Be ahead of the tech curve and help the team adopt to new tech stacks
- Mentor and be the change agent for the team
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiatives.. You will collaborate not only with your immediate team but also with engineers across multiple Atlassian products, platform, data and infrastructure teams, and with product managers, designers etc.
- Determine plan of attack for large projects
- You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager
- 10+ Years of extensive experience in building best in class software
- Expert-level experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, C# or C/C++, Py
- Deep Expertise on Big Data Tech Stacks - Databricks , Spark and AWS cloud offerings .
If you've got these skills, even better
- Experience building data platforms from scratch
- Experience working with Petabyte scale systems
- Experience partnering with Data Engineering Analytics teams
Our perks benefitsAtlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
About AtlassianAt Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Originally posted on Himalayas