Product Marketing Manager - Worldwide
15 days ago
We are looking for an ambitious product marketer to align product strategy to the tactics needed for success. You love the balance between being a competitive analyst, data monger, and storyteller. You will work alongside demand generation, field marketing, and content marketing to drive revenue generation, while ensuring product messaging and positioning is on point. You will be the interface between the customer, product management, sales and marketing while quickly gaining these teams' respect and support. You will consistently demonstrate product and market expertise, attention to detail, and accountability.You will help set our path for long-term success as we pivot towards an open-source DBaaS platform. As such, it’s critical that you have an understanding of open-source databases, enterprise buying cycles, cloud adoption trends, and customer use cases. You will brilliantly weave together the customer journey, their pain points, and position how Percona can help.
What You Will Do:
- Create the storyline, product messaging, and positioning for your product focus.
- Acquire and possess in-depth knowledge of our target markets, segments, buyer personas, competitors, and partners.
- Educate the company on market requirements, trends, and competitor capabilities.
- Collaborate with product management to create a shared vision and go-to-market strategy for our products and services.
- Define strategic positioning of our products, services, key features, pricing, and key product messages.
- In collaboration with the Content team, build collateral and relevant content for various personas and product areas, including web copy, datasheets, brochures, white papers, social media content, online event material and more.
- Drive business case development, bringing together customer research, product and financial data and analytics to drive revenue.
- Evangelize to prospects, press, analysts and other key influencers.
- Collaborate with demand generation and event marketing leaders to execute innovative online marketing campaigns, to support sales growth.
- Own and develop sales enablement tools including competitive analysis.
- Partner with product management on new releases - planning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies.
What Have You Done
- 3-5+ years of marketing experience in B2B enterprise software, preferably open source technology or SaaS products. Cloud Native and Kubernetes literacy or experience marketing such products is a huge plus.
- Product marketing experience is strongly preferred
- Strong track record of working cross-functionally on major campaigns and/or product launches
- Familiarity with the Agile framework is preferred, as the team works in sprints
- Demonstrated ability to work across all levels of the organization while socializing concepts and ideas (product, sales, and marketing).
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to use data and market trends to tell stories and craft messaging
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to build consensus among teams
- Ability to self-organize, be consistent and disciplined, and make decisions within your area of responsibility independently
- Extreme proactivity and willingness to initiate or take on new projects, boldness to challenge the status quo and suggest new ideas and approaches
- Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
- With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team
- Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active Our internal programs include groups like:
- The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
- Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
- Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
- FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend.
- Gain all of this and more by becoming a part of our organization!
Originally posted on Himalayas