Program Manager, Company Operations - Worldwide
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Strategic Operations team is Stripe’s secret sauce. This team focuses on our most critical and strategic cross-company projects. This team will be a key drivers of Stripe’s overall company strategy, will design and run our company-wide operating system, and own key strategic projects in partnership with our senior-most leaders.
Within Strategic Operations, our Company Operations team is laser-focused on crafting and improving our internal operating model and operating mechanisms (i.e. Stripe’s company-wide forums, frameworks, ‘run the business’ processes, etc) and leading change management efforts to drive adoption of shared processes and tools across the organization. This is a highly cross-functional individual contributor role, and will be a critical lever for us to improve on Stripe’s operational excellence and better deliver on our mission to increase the GDP of the internet.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape Stripe, helping develop, plan and implement large-scale initiatives focused on improving operational effectiveness. On any given day, this could mean thinking through how we communicate and report progress on company priorities, to driving improvements in our decision-making practices.
A successful Program Manager will have experience leading complex, cross-functional programs spanning many stakeholders teams (both business and technical), and has helped shape and land substantive change within a fast-paced organization. They are able to distill complexity into clarity, are curious, driven, focused, and detail-oriented, and can influence without authority to help coalesce groups around shared goals.
- Work on cross-cutting projects to drive operational excellence at Stripe, and to help us evolve and improve upon the company’s internal operating rhythm
- Craft and lead programs, processes and communications to manage and land change within the organization
- Define and own scalable, repeatable change management playbooks, tools, templates, and techniques
- Develop leader enablement programming, empowering leaders and managers to partner as change agents in landing critical company priorities
- Partner directly with senior leaders and cross-functional teams to accelerate progress, solve hard scaling initiatives, and incubate new programs and processes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- You have 6+ years of experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role in fast-paced environments
- You have experience leading and scaling change management and/or project management efforts for complex, cross-org initiatives
- You have exceptional communication skills (in-person, virtual, and written), and an ability to seamlessly interact with and influence stakeholders across all levels of an organization
- You are results-oriented and have a proven track record of delivering exceptional, quantifiable business impact
- You enjoy navigating complex projects and challenges, and thrive in ambiguous situations
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in organizational change management or strategy consulting
Originally posted on Himalayas