Program Manager, Partnerships Strategy & Operations - Worldwide
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The AMER Partnerships Strategy Operations (PSO) team sits within the Partnerships organization and is a key component of Stripe’s success. The team is responsible for driving new partner implementations and programs and ensuring the efficiency and reliability of new and existing partners. We sit at the intersection of engineers and partners, serving as the fabric that ensures close and smooth collaboration between these parties, both of which are crucial to Stripe’s continued rapid growth. We wear a lot of hats. On any given day, you can find us, for example, driving alignment, coordination, and execution between cross-functional teams and partners on critical operational activities; identifying and investigating insights and trends from our data to inform decisions for streamlining the day-to-day management of our business; and building new tools and processes to scale our team’s impact. The partners we support have a significant impact on Stripe, and the products from these partnerships are used by millions of our users.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a program manager to join our team and provide operational support across a number of key partners. You’ll interact with partners directly and mutually drive efforts to build products, improve operations, drive incident management procedures, and use metrics to track performance. The role will require close coordination with product and engineering teams, as well as cross-functional stakeholders including Legal, Finance, Risk, etc., and with external partners’ senior executives.
- Build and own operational relationships with key partners (such as banks, networks and technology partners)
- Work cross-functionally with a number of Stripe teams – including Engineering, Product, Partner Development Management and others – to build integrations, products, support deals, and drive process enhancements
- Define SLAs and performance standards for our partners and drive efforts to implement and track commitments
- Identify inefficiencies in Stripe’s operating model and drive new solutions (including defining technical and operational requirements) to address them
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans for new implementations, working closely with other stakeholders and partners to ensure on-time delivery
- Help to define and implement metrics to measure partner health
- Assist with incident resolution when needed, working closely with Engineering teams to drive partner communications and escalations
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 7+ years of project/program management and/or business operations experience
- Experience in banking, e-commerce, or payments
- Knowledge of and experience with payment technologies and ecosystem
- Experience managing external relationships
- The willingness to travel, when necessary
- Proven ability to successfully drive medium-to-large sized technical projects with external partners and cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to prioritize and remain focused under pressure, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Basic to intermediate SQL skill
- Experience in a high growth technology company
Originally posted on Himalayas