Project Accountant - USA
5 days ago
Creative Financial Staffing
Why work for this company.....
- The company is a leader in its niche. They are GROWING, GROWING, GROWING!
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Accounting and finance team of 30 plus and growing!
- In the renewables space.
- A great place to learn construction accounting
- 100% remote!
- Must LOVE change.
- Awesome manager with a ton of knowledge to share (former big 4 audit manager with CPA).
- PE-backed and pre-IPO!
- Very little overtime!
What you will be doing as a Project Accountant…..
Accounts Payable (50%)
- Reconciliation and timely entry of all job payment claims for all assigned projects
- Review and timely communication of outstanding compliance issues
- Timely and accurate preparation of miscellaneous vendor invoices to ensure proper job cost charges
- Monitor all payment claims and payment schedules to ensure deadlines are met
- Reconcile vendor statements and adds supporting documentation to Acumatica
- Audit and verification of expense reports for processing in accordance with company policy
- Process weekly A/P payment batches, EFT-Expense batches, and other EFT batches
Accounts Receivable (30%)
- With direction from Project Manager completes owner billing documents for submittal
- Track owner payments according to owner contract terms with emphasis on past due items
- Monthly A/R reconciliation with the use of A/R Credit Notes
Job Cost (20%)
- Investigate cost issues or questions for the Project Manager as needed
- Assist in preparing/processing Actually Spent Job Cost Allocations or Journal Entries as needed
- Attends monthly Project Review Meetings to stay abreast of job progress and financial status
- Update and maintain project Cash Flows
What You Need To Bring To The Table.....
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or Associates Degree with some AP construction experience
- 1+ years of related job cost experience preferred
- Vista / Viewpoint or Procore systems experience huge plus!