Project Accountant Contractor - USA
27 days ago
This role requires advanced excel skill, formula knowledge, and an understanding of cross sheet linkage. A preferred skill is for the candidate to have an accounting degree and a CPA.
- Knowledge and full cycle experience with Accounts receivable operations and systems
- Knowledge and full cycle experience with Accounts payable operations and systems
- Knowledge and full cycle experience with General Ledger operations and systems
- Knowledge and full cycle experience with Capital Asset operations and systems
- Proficient in data analysis, well versed with SOX andGAAP.
- Experience with executing monthly reconciliations between accounts, ledgers, and other financial recording systems
- Strong excel skills including pivot tables, data connections,vlookup, complex formulas and connecting spreadsheets
- Proficient in Power BI reporting, Task planner, navigating and updating Share Point sites.
- Proficient in data analysis, investigating variances, and exception handling, well versed in capital vs expense activities
- Able to create management financial summary for communication to leadership and support regular reporting requirements
- Good organizational skills. Be able to support multiple projects and work with project managers on a regular scheduled basis
- Good planning skills and able to coordinate work efforts to meet financial deadlines
- Operational management skills to support the project PO, invoice and tracking processes
- Create and communicate historical analysis and trends of key data elements of a project
- Experience with internal and external auditors
- AttendMiscProject/Financial meetings with PMs and other team meetings as needed
- Projectand Budget setup in financial templates and PMO governance tools
- Prepare financials for project stage gate governance processes (i.e. PEG,TCOsand Setup assistance)
- Assist and recommend to project managers any identified budget adjustments, recommendations, and/or realignments based on actualized historical information
- Understand project variance drivers and recognize when it is appropriate to escalate to supervisors
- Reviewing all incoming capital investment requests for completeness and inputting intoCoupato ensure set-up with proper routing for approval.
- Communicate with project managers as requests are made with target SLA
- Maintaining a detailed financial appropriation (Proliance/PIN) activity and status report, which includes:
- Recording the daily financial activity for each project
- Updating and publishing monthly actual FTE reports
- Emailing PMs regardingactualsand requesting the completion ofETCs
- Scheduling period actual reviews with each PM.
- Identifying and communicating any major discrepancies between planned spend, approved project funding, andactuals
- Maintaining the FTE budget and reconcile planned vs actualized labor for each project assigned
- Inputting, maintaining, and trackingCouparequisitions, POs and invoices by vendor
- Collaborate with project coordinators or other project team members
- Completing any other ad hoc support as requested