Property Tax Senior Manager - USA
Baker Tilly US, LLP
Baker Tilly, one of the fastest growing CPA advisory firms in the nation, has an incredible career opportunity for a Senior Manager to start our State & Local Property Tax team (Real & Personal) at Baker Tilly!
In this role, you will serve as a firmwide resource for SALT Property Tax related matters and will be exposed to a wide range of issues and projects. You will use your experience and technical knowledge to identify effective tax solutions for new and existing clients. You will be a driver of growth to launch this practice for Baker Tilly and have a huge opportunity to build a book and step into leadership.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are a self-starter who likes working independently
- You are a strong technical specialist who enjoys learning new concepts and proactively monitoring new tax technical and procedural developments
- You are an analytical problem solver eager to understand the client's business and tax needs and assist in developing practical solutions tailored to the client's situation
- Enjoy live interaction and consultations with clients and colleagues
- Bring value to clients and manager risks related to SALT Property Tax matters.
- You want to continue to expand your leadership experiences and crave a leadership opportunity to help build a fast growing, entrepreneurial SALT Property Tax practice
- You want to be part of a firm that values specialty tax practices and is invested in your success, providing the resources and support for you to grow now, for tomorrow.
What you'll do:
- Be a trusted advisor to middle market and Fortune 500 clients by providing strategic state and local Property Tax services including compliance, advisory, and planning. This includes:
- Acting as a trusted value architect business advisor to clients on property tax issues.
- Analyzing property tax impacts and considerations to businesses.
- Performing valuations for purposes of appealing real estate assessments.
- Drafting and presenting proposal to new and existing clients.
- Performing high level reviews of complex property tax returns.
- Maintain active communication with clients and make recommendations for business and process improvements, manage expectations and enhance value
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. Advanced Degree preferred.
- CPA, CMI and/or JD certification required. JD preferred.
- 10+ year(s) experience in property tax and in working with property tax assessors.
- 5+ year(s) of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates desired
- Experience as a client serving professional for a consulting firm desired
- Experience developing and managing a book of business and having an established reputation as a subject matter expert for Property Tax.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory CPA firm, providing clients with a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 38,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.3 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
For California, Colorado, New York, Washington and remote roles: The compensation range for this role is $108,730 to $230,480. Actual compensation is influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to skills, experience, qualifications, and geographic location.