Proposal Writer- Remote Southeast - USA
Delectus, LLC is a registered staffing/ executive search firm and government contractor and has historically had a focus on corporate and private sector work. As we look to broaden our focus, we are seeking a junior Proposal Writer with 2-3 years experience writing winning goverment contracts.
- Spend about 75% of your time writing and editing (including substantive editing, “single voice” editing, and copyediting) proposals and responses to Requests For Information (RFIs), White Papers, etc., and 25% of your time developing market-facing slicks and marketing collateral for a Federal Government audience.
- Determine proposal concepts by studying requests for proposal (RFPs, RFIs, etc.), attending strategy meetings, and speaking with subject matter experts.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information and interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand their areas of expertise and develop publications concept that clearly communicate their knowledge.
- Develop proposal content by assembling information and creating solutions/outcomes/benefits outlines and writing compelling text with win themes and differentiators. Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplates, speaking up to volunteer ideas for improvements, and implementing changes.
- Organize and prepare information and data to write a variety of technical publications for a Federal Government audience requiring in-depth knowledge and understanding of staffing, information technology (IT) and management consulting services.
- Support the Proposal Manager throughout the proposal process, meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval, coordinating requirements with contributors, and contributing proposal status information during review meetings.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts of Federal Government proposal responses (including executive summaries and technical, management, past performance, resume, and pricing sections), white papers, responses to Requests For Information (RFIs), and marketing material.
- Edit documents and technical literature prepared by other staff members, for content, coverage, clarity, and voice consistency, recommending revisions and editorial standards as appropriate.
- Maintain quality results by using templates, following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone, and maintaining proposal support databases.
- Contribute to proposal graphics development, supports marketing efforts by developing and writing market collateral materials, and assisting in the design of the company website.
- Technical, management, resume and past performance written proposal material
Out of Scope Items:
- Proposal management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivilent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- 2+ years of technical proposal writing experience in response to Federal Government RFPs, RFIs, and an understanding of the Shipley methodology
- Experience writing technical proposals for staffing processes, IT operations, cloud, etc.
- Understanding of win themes, proposal concepts, and the business development lifecycle
- Understanding of the Federal market and government proposals
- Experience writing management and staffing proposal volumes
- Experience generating content for new business development materials
This position comes with a base hourly rate and bonus structure. To be considered, submit your resume and most recent success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at this employer is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.