R&D Scientist 2 - Worldwide
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Syngenta Professional Solutions businesses offer a range of plant health & pest management solutions for professional turf managers, professional growers, professional pest managers, and consumers. Through a combination of Syngenta’s world-class science and global expertise, matched with investment in new and emerging technologies, we deliver innovative solutions to protect the places where you live, work, and play.
We are currently seeking an R&D Scientist to be part of a highly motivated and collaborative turf, ornamental horticulture, and pest management research and development team (Crop Protection Field Development). You will design, initiate, and conduct research and development projects, including lab and field studies, supporting the Syngenta Professional Solutions Business Unit. You will build relationships with critical external cooperators to expand testing capabilities and assist the Technical Services team by providing technical marketing support for sales and marketing efforts. You will act as Field Project Coordinator for assigned projects that are critical in promoting new active ingredients and supporting current products.
This position will require 30% travel in the territory for the Western region across 13 states including AK and HI. You could work remotely on the West Coast, but we would strongly prefer if you live or relocate closer to our research facility in Visalia, California (near Fresno, CA) for a hybrid work environment to conduct in-house trials 2 days/week.
- Be part of a collaborative research team developing and implementing research trials in the lab, greenhouse, and/or field.
- Conduct and coordinate quality efficacy trials, contributing to the biological profiling of new and registered active ingredients, ultimately contributing to label development or label expansion; summarize trial data and provide development recommendations.
- Contribute to or lead project planning and defining experimental objectives; ensuring trial implementation; generating or acquiring data and information.
- Identify development opportunities for product label expansion, including new uses and new solutions such as tank mix or premix opportunities, aligned with marketing needs.
- Establish, build, and maintain business critical relationships within the assigned territory.
- Coordinate trials with university and extension cooperators to assure appropriate representation and recommendation of Syngenta products and solutions.
- Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Entomology or related scientific degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in entomology.
- Experience conducting lab/field trials to evaluate efficacy of control products, and related experimental techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical analyses.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree preferred in entomology.
- Technical and market knowledge in professional pest management, ornamental or turf entomology is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting and summarizing regulatory trials.
Salary for this role is $91,200 - $136,800 per year.
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Originally posted on Himalayas