Reporting Analyst Programmer - Worldwide
To support the implementation of a significant Firmwide Finance Transformation Program Dentons is currently recruiting an Interim Global Finance Reporting Analyst Programmer. This position will be responsible for analysing and assessing the business requirement documentation and developing the data requirement specification documents. In addition, the role will be responsible for building out the 3E reporting solution to meet those requirements.
The Interim Global Finance Reporting Analyst Programmer will report to the Interim Global Finance Reporting Architect and will be responsible for cataloguing and documenting data fields needed minimum quality of data needed, will work with the owners of the financial source systems to help improve their data quality completeness.
Will analyse the data provided to ascertain if it meets minimum requirements.
The Finance Transformation Program is a truly global program designed to transform Dentons' Finance function into the business partnering function of the future. It will support the business by offering true business insight, efficient and effective processes while maintaining the necessary compliance and controls.
Why Dentons is different
The legal profession is changing rapidly and Dentons is leading the way in advancing change for the benefit of clients. We are driven to challenge the status quo, delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value to our clients in new and innovative ways. With over 21,000 individuals in more than 180 offices the opportunity is huge.
Dentons continues to receive external awards and recognition, including for our continued international expansion over the last 12 months; for ground-breaking innovation through the development of Nextlaw Labs and Nextlaw Global Referral Network; and for success in advising clients across multiple regions. Dentons is also a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index and a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner.
Against such rapid growth and change, this role offers the successful individual the chance to play a significant role and make their mark in supporting the successful implementation of this global program.
- 3E Report specifications and testing scenarios
- 3E IDE Report development
- 3E Expert knowledge
- Detail of unit tests performed results
- Responsible for reviewing the technical specification against the Business Report Document to ensure it supports the latter document
- Responsible for taking business specifications creating the subsequent technical specifications
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of the built reports against the agreed design framework
- Development of 3E custom built reports following the internal development framework
- Unit testing of reports against the technical spec
- Support of bug fixes enhancements of the reports
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- 3E IDE Certification (essential)
- 3E Report Development (custom built reports) (strong - essential)
- 3E Report Development (configuration support) (strong – essential)
- Working on international projects (desirable)
- Legal experience (strong - essential)
- Good International Standard of English both Written and Oral (Essential)
- Demonstrable progressive experience in the areas of data analytics, report development and delivery.
- Experience of influencing and engaging stakeholders, including building and managing relationships within teams within a diverse global firm.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting demands.
- Strategically focused, results driven and well-developed analytical skills.
- Solutions orientated with the ability to address problems by gathering relevant information and formulating alternatives
Significant experience and a proven track record in/as:
- 3E report development: IDE customisations
- Configurations of reports
- Experienced in analysing, creating and modeling using a variety of tools and techniques;
- Strong communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations;
- Strong situational analysis and ability to articulate the true requirements;
- Must be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus;
- Be able to identify and understand multiple stakeholder perspectives and "truths" and bring an open mind to understanding and build on the views of others;
- You will possess:
- the ability to act as a liaison conveying information in suitably accurate models between the business unit and their counterparts within Information Technology. The scope of this information includes reporting solutions, data constraints, business rules, models of strategy and motivation, processes, accountabilities, and many other business and IT operational needs;
- the ability to recognise structural issues within functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies.
- the ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business information challenges;
- the ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to Dentons and to high-priority business issues;
- the ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business reporting architecture;
- possess a broad, enterprise-wide view of organizations and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
Disclaimer: Please ensure when applying for this role that you are legally eligible to work/live in your preferred location. Visa sponsorship or relocation costs will not be provided
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.
Reward and Recognition
Remuneration and benefits package will reflect the successful candidates experience and country where hired.
Applications from individuals directly, should be sent to Global Recruitment Team: email@example.com
Originally posted on Himalayas