Reviews Editor - Productivity Products and Services - USA
Forbes Advisor is a new initiative for consumers under the Forbes Marketplace umbrella that provides journalist- and expert-written insights, news and reviews on all things personal finance.
We're dedicated to helping turn aspirations into reality. We do this by providing consumers with the knowledge and research they need to make informed financial decisions they can feel confident in, so they can get back to doing the things they care about most.
Forbes Marketplace is looking for an editor with small business writing experience to join the Forbes Marketplace SMB team as Reviews Editor for Productivity products and services, including product management, task management, CRM and video conferencing.
The SMB team covers a wide swath of topics, including how to start a company, the best software for small businesses and everything you need to successfully operate a business. We want to help guide our readers to make the best choices through engaging stories and data- and intent-driven journalism. If you're looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those of a startup with the benefits of a seasoned and successful company, then read on:
- Research products and services, focusing on use case, price and other metrics relevant to readers in the market to buy
- Build methodologies to rate and rank related products and services for best-ofs
- Test products and services to develop an expert sense of how they work and who they're right for
- Photograph or otherwise demonstrate that you're taking a hands-on approach to determining the value of what you're reviewing
- Write expert reviews with the goal to master the pros and cons of each product or service you review
- Collaborate with the lead editor to determine priority for which products and services get reviewed next
- Work with the lead editor to determine what existing reviews to update or optimize
- Help the lead editor build a content calendar for all upcoming reviews
- Assist the lead editor in editing other writers' reviews for accuracy and clarity.
- At least 2 years experience in small business journalism, preferably in the applicable product reviews space
- Experience reviewing Productivity products and services, including product management, task management, CRM and video conferencing
- 3-5 years of experience in online journalism
- Demonstrably strong understanding of the small business space
- Experience with SEO best practices, willingness to learn and expand SEO skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Nimble and open to quick changes in strategy
- Competitive compensation package
- Ability to work remotely
- Unlimited vacation
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.