Sales Development Representative - Worldwide
Upbound is the company behind Crossplane, the open source project which started the control plane revolution in the cloud native community. Upbound helps companies rise above the clouds with our Crossplane powered Universal Cloud Platform. With Upbound you get universal real-time visibility into all of your infrastructure environments, the same API centric approach Kubernetes pioneered for managing infrastructure and policies, and self service infrastructure capabilities.
As the Sales Development representative, you will lead the development of new business and represent Upbound as the first touch of the sales cycle. You’ll have the opportunity to help grow sales and marketing operations from the ground up and act as the critical bridge between the sales and marketing lead lifecycles. Between market research, community-based relationship building, and lead prospecting, you’ll be both creative and analytical in everyday activities. This role lives on the brand new Marketing team at Upbound and will report directly to the Director of Revenue of Marketing.
In this role you will:
- Act as the first sales touchpoint to marketing qualified leads. You’ll evaluate leads for profile fit, budget and project relevancy. You’ll own this essential lead handoff, enabling sales with quality leads and enabling marketing with quality data.
- Conduct outreach with community members and target accounts in order to generate new sales opportunities.
- Find new business, conduct research into companies in specific market segments/verticals and identify key target personas and generate SQLs.
- Make outbound calls, emails and LinkedIn messages to qualify potential clients.
- Have meaningful conversations with prospects to understand the challenges they face.
- Assist Sales and Marketing Operations process events-related coordination.
You are a good fit for this role if you have:
- Have 2-5 years of experience is B2B sales, marketing or demand generation.
- Have experience and are comfortable in a technical space. Open source and/or infrastructure experience is preferred.
- Enjoy building relationships, networking and creating new connections. You have strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with marketing and sales tech such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Marketo, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Navigator and other tools.
- Have an interest in infrastructure technology. You enjoy technical concepts and are familiar with the tech industry.
- You thrive in a small team where you can make a big impact.
- You can commit to working PST, MST or CST time zones.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or commensurate experience in a sales related field of work
It is a plus if:
- Have an understanding of cloud infrastructure, engineering, open source and the related technologies.
- Have sales, outreach or research experience.
- Know Hubspot, Salesforce or similar technology.
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Be Accountable, Demonstrate Craftsmanship, Champion the Customer, Collaborate Decisively, Care For Our Communities, Act as an Owner and Engage Vulnerability; you'll find yourself in a place where learning, growth, impact, and fun finally intersect. Similar to the open source community we serve, we look to each other to constantly iterate and improve on what we're building and you will be a key contributor in this effort.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.
Originally posted on Himalayas