Sales Executive V - Seattle, WA - Commercial - Remote - Worldwide
23 days ago
Specializes in identifying, developing, and closing opportunities with new or existing customers the deliver incremental profitable growth and positive customer experiences. Owns and develops customer relationships, collaborating with both customers and internal resources to address customer and company priorities. Leverages subject matter experts and provides solutions aligned with business-unit priorities to satisfy customer needs. Responsible for the full sales cycle, from winning new customers to growing share of wallet in targeted existing customers for Rackspace. Utilizes industry knowledge to differentiate Rackspace and to acquire new customers and drive new footprint.Builds deep relationships with strategic customers and prospects, presenting viable IT and business solutions. Utilizes an entrepreneurial mindset to develop a hunting list of target customers aligned with Rackspace's multi- cloud solutions. Engages with C-suite executives, leveraging executive presence and emotional intelligence to understand customer challenges and competitor behavior to translate technology into impactful business solutions. Plans and executes pursuit and win strategies for specified opportunities, leads account reviews, and provides support to ensure successful development and implementation of strategic account plans, all while embodying Rackspace's core values in the sales arena. Higher-levels responsible for large deal business development and retention of strategic new customer acquisitions and high-value existing customers to generate sustainable revenues in line with business objectives.
Career Level Summary
- Master-level seller.
- Recognized as an authority within industry and/or area of specialization.
- Demonstrates mastery of sales techniques.
- Completes the most-complex sales to the company's most important customers.
- Acts independently.
- Maintains a large, influential network of contacts with highly visible industry presence.
- Recognized as an subject-matter expert within the company and requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline and broad knowledge of other job disciplines within the organization function.
- Solves unique problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Contributes to the development of organizational sub-function strategy.
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements.
- Strategic Agility: Demonstrates the intellectual dexterity to quickly pivot thinking and solutions based on new information. Creates strategies that demonstrate customer focus and knowledge of the business at hand while leaving room for innovation and agile execution.
- Drive for Results: Drives high performance with unwavering commitment. Passionately persists in the face of adversity and change. Tracks progress and holds self and others accountable for results. Comfortably shifts short-term strategies when necessary in order to accomplish long-term objectives.
- Relationship Building and Management: Recognizes and responds effectively to the impact of their behavior on others. Uses this understanding to pursue and build authentic relationships with Rackers and customers. Creates an environment of trust enabling others to be open and vulnerable.
- Growth Orientation: Exhibits a growth mindset that quickly shifts ways of thinking and operating. Maintains strong self-awareness of capabilities and impacts on others. Is a passionate advocate for their own and acts as a catalyst for change.
- Communication: Articulates the Rackspace story focusing on our value proposition through the lens of customers and the marketplace. Inspires action by conveying a compelling vision and purpose in meaningful messages. Actively listens and takes care to provide the right people the right information at the right time.
- Collaboration: Focus on wider business priorities when solving, planning and implementing in order to optimize our collective results. Demonstrates care and wider accountability for others’ success. Displays vulnerable decision making and accepts influence of others for optimal business outcomes.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates a deep and applicable understanding of how the business achieves its goals and objectives. Is knowledgeable in current and future practices, trends, technology and information affecting the organization. Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the industry/marketplace.
- Consulting: Understands the problem the customer is trying to solve and then recommends a solution that will specifically address that problem. Engages customers in identifying issues, options and desired outcomes, while keeping the customer’s best interests in mind. Acquires a keen perspective on the customer’s business and operational needs. Uses that broadening view to help resolve more complex and difficult issues, and to anticipate new customer needs.
- Influencing: Exhibits the ability to persuade or convince others to support an idea, recommendation or direction. Understands who the key decision makers are and uses persuasion to gain the support and cooperation from all parties involved to achieve a desired course of action consistent with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Motivation (Self-Starter): Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work and does so independently with little to no direction.
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Builds and owns account plans, including pursuit plan, timeline, deliverables, and goals, for named prospects and strategic accounts assigned to them.
- Builds and owns integrated portfolio plan to prioritize activities targeted at prospects and customer base.
- Provides input into additional strategic pursuits within territory that align with overall Rackspace competitive strategy.
- Coordinate with Marketing and BDRs to select targeted marketing plays to run for sales plays.
- Leads defined sales process for all Rackspace solutions.
- Conduct targeted outbound prospecting within assigned accounts. Collaborates with sales support on outbound efforts and lead generation activities.
- Utilizes business relationships to drive new business opportunities for new and/or existing enterprise accounts.
- Engage potential customer to understand high-level needs and verify right fit for Rackspace solution and to qualify leads based on set framework.
- Performs proactive assessments of how well Rackspace solutions meet the customer requirements and what customization would be required; presents the assessment to customers as part of the sales process.
- Lead efforts to create proposal for solution to prove value add. Provides customers with Rackspace product offering based on facts and an understanding of their current/future business needs and objectives.
- Develops and delivers innovative strategies that benefit customers and/or customers.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with key stakeholder to drive decisions that result in the close of the sale.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer contracts and renewals.
- Recognized as an expert within Rackspace.
- Proactively identifies and participates in the resolution of complex problems that impact the direction of the business
- Identifies opportunities to create promoter Partners Customers and works to identify new ways to leverage our product set in order to delight them.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with Support Teams, Account Managers and Sales Support Teams.
- Works closely with Sales Engineers, Technical Sales Reps to perform in depth assessment of customer needs and infrastructures.
- Utilizes business relationships to drive new opportunities.
- Regarded as the technical expert in their job discipline within the organization.
- Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline and broad knowledge of other job disciplines within the organization function.
- Ability to anticipate business issues; recommends product, process or service improvements.
- Able to overcome a high level of resistance that will be encountered early in the sales process.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to communicate the same message in a different way to both technical and business-oriented people.
- Superior ability to adapt messages to stakeholders at all levels of the company, from CTO level to front-line technical support.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Goal oriented with superior work ethic.
- Able to influence others in decision-making.
- Superior negotiation skills and the ability to negotiate with many personality types.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work numerous projects at once.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of patience and the ability to nurture.
- Able to develop and manage internal and external business relationships of various temperaments, talents and convictions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field preferred.
- 12 - 14 years of experience in the field of role required.
- Experience cultivating new business with new and/or existing customers required.
- Prefer successful account management/IB sales experience, incorporating value/service selling in business or marketing experience.
- Domestic/international travel required, greater than 50%
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Are you a Racker?Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating. They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused, and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do. Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams. As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers. Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to join the Racker family!
Why work at Rackspace Technology?Find your fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions. Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women. Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow. Make a difference. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give their time and talent to others. Live life completely. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced lifestyle. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers.•"For applicants working in California, Colorado, Washington or New York City, we are excited to share the base salary ranges for this position exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonus. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. •The anticipated starting pay range of California, Washington state and New York City applicants for this role is 186,900 – 329,010 •The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is 160,400 – 282,150 •These ranges for candidates may be modified in the future.•Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here.”
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Originally posted on Himalayas