Security Communications Strategist - Worldwide
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
You are a self-motivated innovator passionate about explaining complex security, compliance, and privacy concepts to any audience. This role will focus on strategy delivery of communications for our workforce, the Board/Executive office, customers, potential customers, and the public, to showcase the Cloudflare story and our capabilities.
Aligned within the Cloudflare Security organization, you will partner with the Chief Security Officer and his Leadership team to build and execute a communications strategy. Reporting to the Chief of Staff for Security, you are an independent program manager who can deliver in alignment with numerous stakeholders; Global Communications, Sales, Marketing Customer Success teams.
This is an opportunity to work on real security challenges and influence building a better Internet. We guarantee that you won’t get bored.
What you'll do
- Work with Security, Global Communications, Sales Marketing team to create and operationalize a security communication strategy.
- Support RFI and RFP requests from Sales and Customer Care around security, compliance, and technical privacy.
- Assist in development and dissemination of core security messages (internal external), including security incidents and safety concerns.
- Build strategy, curriculum and execute on an innovative security training awareness program.
- Build intake process and operationalize success metrics to continuously improve the program.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with a focus on explaining complex security, compliance, and privacy concepts to non-experts.
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels to build the story, and likewise comfortable presenting the story to large audiences.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and visualizations that tell a story based on specific personas and outcomes.
- Experience developing training campaigns and curriculum to a highly technical workforce, preference for demonstrated ability to educate using innovative methodologies such as gamification.
- At least 6 years of experience in Cybersecurity and Information Technology, preferably for a product focused organization. Understanding of key compliance.
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $147,000 - $179,000
- For New York City, Washington, and California (excluding Bay Area) based hires: Estimated annual salary of $161,000 - $197,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $168,000 - $206,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actualrace, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Originally posted on Himalayas