Senior Accountant Financial Reporting - USA
The Accounting Team is looking for a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting to join our rapidly growing FinTech Company. The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in helping the team meet its financial reporting obligations. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, process driven, technically sound and a great team player.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today's financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we're rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today's financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting, you'll get to:
- Prepare U.S GAAP and local statutory financial statements
- Prepare other financial reporting required by our regulators
- Assist with preparation of international statutory financial statements
- Assess accounting and financial reporting implications of new accounting standards or new transactions
- Analyze monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Liaise with external audit firm on both routine and non routine matters
- Identify and raises areas where improvement is needed to either gain efficiencies or strengthen processes
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with a combination of public accounting (audit) and private/in-house accounting.
- Start-up and/or financial services experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA license and strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP or other cloud based accounting software
- Drive to continuously improve the accounting operations, controls and financial reporting processes including leverage our systems and technologies to improve workflows and scalability
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
What you'll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In's Best Places to Work lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slackchannel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!