Senior Analyst, Transaction Monitoring - Worldwide
22 days ago
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.An exciting opportunity has come up to join our North America Financial Crime Operations Team. This role will help to drive North America’s transaction monitoring and fraud operations to ensure Airwallex remains compliant with all regulatory obligations while helping customers to have a safe and seamless experience with Airwallex. The role requires a strong attention to detail and good understanding of BSA/AML and fraud investigations. In addition, this role will work closely with our stakeholders in Compliance, Commercial, and Product to ensure the customer experience is being optimized in a compliant manner. This position can be remote, ideally in PST, MST, or CST.
What you will do:
- Use independent and professional judgment when dispositioning Fraud, BSA/AML and Sanction Screening alerts.
- Manage complex investigations involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts, tiered and multi-faceted transactions, and international wires involving designated high risk jurisdictions to identify potential money laundering or other financial crimes.
- Investigate and respond to external fraud requests received from financial partners and law enforcement agencies.
- Support the launches of new products and use cases from a fraud / risk perspective.
- Maintain SLAs and deadlines to meet team and company goals.
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements to further improve our investigations and rules.
- Develop and deliver improvements to business processes.
- Work on various projects and other assignments in support of the Airwallex financial crime operations function.
- Stay up-to-date with financial related news and regulatory developments.
Who you are:
- Compliance obsessed - You are able to quickly understand the intricacies with regulatory needs and you will ensure any concerns are voiced
- Data-driven - You are able to deep dive into the data to identify root cause issues and bring them up a level to make intelligent business decisions
- Process-oriented - You enjoy following and creating procedures to ensure an efficient and well-documented process
- A team player - But you enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working with a team
- A master prioritizer - You use your sound judgment and data to assess all of the tasks at hand and are decisive in determining a holistic approach on key priorities
- Inquisitive by nature - You know when to dive a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it; you ask the right questions to arrive at solutions efficiently and creatively
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience working in regulatory landscape involving AML/BSA/Fraud
- Prior experience at a bank of fintech is preferred
- Self starter attitude who is not afraid to get into the details
- Subject matter expertise in BSA/AML/Fraud
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, SQL experience is a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is a must; past exposure to a high-growth and/or globally distributed startup is also a plus
- A knack for identifying process improvement opportunities and an ability to proactively share feedback and ideas with management to help drive change
- Experience or comfort working in a global environment
Originally posted on Himalayas