Senior Backend/Devops Engineer - Worldwide
23 days ago
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.comTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOBExperienced DevOps and Backend Engineer who can lead AWS production system deployment, automation, and maintenance. This role is an IC responsible for ensuring reliability, security, and scalability while resolving cross-platform issues. Should drive operational efficiency through tool management, establish platform security in collaboration with ML engineering, and promote CI/CD best practices.
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage an AWS production system
- Keep AWS production systems reliable, secure, and scalable
- Resolve problems across multiple application domains and platforms using system troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques
- Automate different operational processes by designing, maintaining, and managing tools
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for Cloud and Enterprise deployments
- Lead the organization's platform security efforts by collaborating with the core ML engineering team
- Develop policies, standards, and guidelines for IAC and CI/CD that teams can follow
- Continuously learn by participating in educational opportunities and reading relevant publications
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- Extensive experience in DevOps engineering, team management, and collaboration.
- 4+ years in relevant Backend or DevOps engineering role
- Extensive AWS experience, including architecting projects from scratch
- Experience building fast, robust testing suites and defining team best practices
- Dedication to good documentation
- Significant experience coding in python
- Strong experience with infrastructure-as-code
- Extensive CI/CD experience
- Able to assess and evaluate 3rd party components and systems
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming, queuing, cacheing, logging, security, and persistence
- Practical knowledge of algorithms, big O complexity, and the CAP theorem
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Originally posted on Himalayas