Senior Backend Engineer (Java) - Marketing Infrastructure - Worldwide
29 days ago
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can workOur flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this roleAs Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve. We’re seeking an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join the Marketing Infrastructure team within Marketing Technology. Our team plays a key role in marketing and transactional messaging with our mission to engage with our customers with the right message at the right time. This role will directly support our integration strategy with compliance in mind.
What you'll do (Responsibilities)
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, product managers and stakeholders to enable marketing and transactional messaging with reliable and compliant integrations
- Work collaboratively and coordinate with leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock back-end works that help your group
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and optimally advocate for engineering needs to non-technical team members within the group
- Model initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Find opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new insights and improvements that help achieve our goals
Required Experience & Skills
- Commercial experience developing complex, scalable and data-heavy applications.
- Bonus for compliance by design experience.
- Our user's privacy is our priority.
- Most of our code is in Java, so ideally you will be comfortable using Java
- Computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.Here's a taste of what's on offer:• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents carers• An annual Vibe Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup more• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to knowWe make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Originally posted on Himalayas