Senior Backend Software Engineer - Worldwide
24 days ago
Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company. With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further. Atlassian is looking for Engineers to join one of our Sydney engineering teams (i.e. Jira Server, Jira Cloud, Growth, etc.)As a Senior Software Engineer well into your career, we know you're exceptional at what you do. You take pride in others looking up to, but you're still eager grow and hone in on skills as a Senior Engineer... We place a heavy emphasis on leaning on your expertise to take on a high level of responsibility while being a role model and mentor to others on the team.
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Drive large, complex projects autonomously, from technical design to launch
- Determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Tackle complex architecture challenges, apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead code reviews documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Be an example for thorough, meaningful code reviews
- Partner across engineering teams to tackle company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge from your current language to excel as a Java developer.
- Mentor more junior members
Sound like an exciting opportunity? We think so too... In order to set you up for impact on day one, we'll expect you to have this on your first day:
- You are not required to know a specific programming language, however expert-level experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Python, C#, C/C++, or Ruby is required.
- Highly-trusted knowledge in at least one domain and working knowledge in multiple tech domains
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Considers the customer impact when making technical decisions
- A real appetite for learning and growing, both as an individual and teammate.
Our perks benefitsAtlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
About AtlassianAt Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Originally posted on Himalayas