Senior Business Analyst - Salesforce - USA
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the worlds most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The Salesforce Business Analyst acts as facilitator and mediator for Salesforce Sales and CPQ/Revenue Cloud capabilities. You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a new Salesforce CPQ and redesign of existing Sales Cloud capabilities. Using your knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud, CPQ/Revenue Cloud, and its integrated systems, you will work with cross functional teams to improve processes, document business requirements and guide functionality with a focus on simplicity and scale. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of customer operations and processes; experience documenting process flows, provide testing and training support which will enable our entire sales motion from opportunities to post-sales support.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and interview cross functional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to capture business requirements
- Analyze existing and future state business processes, systems and flows of data to identify and drive optimization opportunities for Salesforce Sales Cloud and CPQ/Revenue Cloud
- Design potential solutions to any problems identified in support of Salesforce Sales Cloud and CPQ/Revenue Cloud
- Prepare and deliver a report of findings to leadership with comprehensive risk and impact assessment.
- Develop comprehensive end-to-end (E2E) test cases at the Salesforce Sales Cloud, CPQ and platform level.
- Provide functional leadership and best practice insights.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand processes, prioritize needs, and translate requirements into system solutions.
- Document business processes, requirements, and solution designs in Azure DevOps (ADO), modifying User Stories and Tasks.
- Carry out periodic quality checks.
- Work collaboratively with administrators and developers to design, test, and implement solutions.
- Assist with project management.
- Assist in UAT and Change Control tasks and record keeping.
- Work with training team and change management resources to support training needs.
- Keep current on available releases, technologies, and applications. Provide guidance to application architects and process owners as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in Salesforce as a power user and administrator; prefer expertise with Salesforce CPQ but will accept experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and other quote/order mgmt. application experience.
- At least one Salesforce certification preferred.
- 5+ years in business analysis and/or process re-engineering roles.
- 1+ years Agile experience, including Scrum and KanBan.
- Demonstrated experience with at least 2 implementations and continuing education through Trailhead, conferences, events, etc.
- Excellent research and analytic skills.
- Basic knowledge of data modelling techniques across CRM and ERP enterprise applications.
- Working knowledge of relevant business management principles.
- Ability to translate business requirements into actionable results and document technical notes and acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrated experience in financial operations, accounts payable, or quote to order.
- Demonstrated experience with software licensing, pricing, and product offering models.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce Enterprise Territory Management, Role and Forecast Hierarchies, Collaborative Forecasting, AnaPlan and Exactly Incentives/Comp capabilities.
- Ability to turn complex concepts into simple language.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, including ability to establish strong relationships with internal customers.
- PMP, Agile, Six Sigma, Change Management training and certification desired
- Experience supporting system implementation, process re-engineering is desired
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipeline and Azure DevOps (ADO)
- Proactively plans for managing and mitigating project risks
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of consistently meeting goals and objectives
- Experience working with information technology vendors / suppliers
- Experience designing Business Analysis processes, developing templates and training users
- Able to communicate both functional and technical issues to a diverse audience
- Key role Competencies: Result Oriented, Team Building/Management, Strategic Thinking, Change Management, Influence, Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Planning, Communications, Customer Focus, Negotiating, Organization, Political Savvy
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the worlds most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, its about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. Its about the whats next as much as the mission accomplished. And its about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 finalist, and Americas Most Responsible Companies.
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.