Senior Category Manager - Worldwide
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the role
As a Procurement Category Manager you will be a critical part of a growing Procurement Team andplay an important role in partnering with our stakeholders and vendors to deliver a best-in-class procurement experience. A successful Sr. Category Manager will be knowledgeable of procurement and strategic sourcing principles and skilled at leading contract negotiations. The individual will be organized, flexible, able to meet time sensitive deadlines and embrace learning in a fast paced, high growth environment.
What you’ll do
- Manage end-to-end procurement process, including sourcing, contract negotiation, and vendor relationship management
- Develop and implement procurement strategies for designated categories, driving cost savings and optimizing vendor performance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to align procurement strategies with organizational goals. Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and vendors.
- Lead and navigate complex contract negotiations, securing advantageous terms, driving cost savings while supporting the organization's strategic goals.
- Construct and Manage RFP processes
- Stay updated on industry trends and market dynamics to identify new vendors and drive innovation.
- Evaluate company spend on a regular basis to help prioritize sourcing initiatives and savings opportunities
- Develop presentations and data reporting for internal stakeholder communications / updates
What you bring
- 10+ years of procurement and strategic sourcing related work experience
- Expertise across the full lifecycle of strategic sourcing and corporate procurement activities including sourcing strategies, RFP development analysis, vendor selection, contract negotiations, contract preparation, and review and analysis
- Outstanding communication, strategy and presentation abilities
- Experience influencing strategy and driving decision making
- Exceptional analytical, judgment and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead complex initiatives
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of employees, from entry level to executive team
- Comfortable in a constantly changing environment with high growth
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $105,251 to $219,075.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Originally posted on Himalayas