Senior Client Onboarding Analyst - Worldwide
At Coinbase, our mission is toincrease economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in aculture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to ourmission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Institutional Onboarding team is made up of high functioning, solutions oriented, compliance support professionals at different levels who work independently and together to mitigate risk for Coinbase and our clients. The team builds relationships with Sales, Account Managers, Compliance, Engineering, etc. to rapidly drive the Onboarding process forward.
The Senior Analyst role is integral to the onboarding of high priority clients. When necessary, the analyst communicates directly with the client to facilitate the Client Due Diligence and where needed the Enhanced Due Diligence escalation process. During the onboarding process, the analyst is responsible for conducting an investigative review and analysis of the client’s application in support of Coinbase’s KYC /AML regulatory compliance policies and program including automated alerts, reviewing required documentation and information supplied and gathered to determine accuracy, whether they meet regulatory requirements, and to determine risk rating. Investigations and findings are documented in the client’s Salesforce application, written narratives and in Ironclad. Senior Analysts are up to date on and considered SMEs in industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC, BSA/AML, and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Communicate directly with high profile clients to perform platform walk-throughs, answer difficult and complex questions, identify and explain documentation requirements, escalate sensitive requests
- Conduct investigative review and analysis in support of Coinbase’s KYC/AML regulatory compliance policies and program including confirming and analyzing documentation received and required during the application review and provisioning process
- Analyze client responses, documentation and KYC information and conduct due diligence review in support of detailed Coinbase processes and procedures
- Document Client Due Diligence / Enhanced Due Diligence investigations in written narratives
- Decide whether activity warrants escalation for additional review and subsequently recommend whether documentation appears suspicious and warrants rejecting the client's application
- Incorporate feedback from quality assurance and quality control teams
- Maintain detailed documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures
- Remain current with industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC, BSA/AML, and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience onboarding regulated clients and conducting AML/KYC investigations and customer due diligence
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communications (verbal and written) skills
Nice to haves:
- CAMS certified (not required, but a major plus)
- Proficient in Google Suite, Salesforce, and Jira
Position ID: P53544Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range as detailed below. Full time offers from Coinbase also include target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Pay Range: $83,300$98,000 USD
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Originally posted on Himalayas