Senior Consultant, Cloud & DevOps Engineering - SC Cleared Contract - Worldwide
6point6 are looking for a DevOps Engineer. You will implement DevOps and development projects. These projects include writing code and the development of cloud infrastructure and data platforms, CI/CD pipelines and tooling.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to the success of 6point6. We welcome applicants with different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds, and are proud to have an organisational culture where employees can bring their authentic selves to work.
Due to the nature of work we require active security clearance.
- Develop and operate cloud-based platforms / infrastructure (hosted on AWS).
- Build and maintain Infrastructure as Code technical solutions (via kube/helm & terraform).
- Apply DevOps best practices of automation, TDD and tooling to CI/CD pipelines (via Drone CI/CD).
- Collectively maintaining team development and operational documentation.
(via Operational Runbook handbooks and Wiki Documentation)
- Work as in a cross-discipline agile development team (managed via Scrum Agile processes).
- Optional: Software development as part of a cross-disciplined team (Java).
An interest in open source and a desire to contribute back to the community and other departments
The successful candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud platform
(preferably AWS’s cli, and it’s S3, Glue, VPC, Athena, MSK services)
- Working knowledge of a operating kafka cluster
(preferably on MSK AWS platform)
- Working experience with modern CI pipelines
(preferably Drone CI/CD Pipelines)
- Knowledge of (IaC) Infrastructure as Code Systems
(preferably Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform)
- Experience developing tooling with at least one common scripting language
(preferably Bash and/or Python scripting)
- Experience working in an Agile Delivery Team, building SRE systems
(preferability experience of Scrum/Kanban methodologies)
- Knowledge of foundational DevOps technologies such as Version Control (Git), Linux, Containerization (Docker), HTTP, and IP networking
- Optional Experience developing software with at least one common programming language
- (preferably Java and/or Python)
- Optional Knowledge of foundational Software Engineering technologies such as TDD (Cucumber), Unit Testing (JUnit), Linting, and Software Frameworks (Spring)
As a technology consultancy, we look for people who can deliver both exceptional technical solutions and work as true partners to the organisations we support. To do this you must be able to:
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, demonstrated through:
- Effectively explain complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Writing meaningfully to deliver clear information, and guidance
- Giving impactful presentations, articulating clearly key points
Demonstrate critical thinking by:
- Analysing and evaluating information
- Using information gathered to present solutions and reach decisions
- Displaying familiarity and comfort with a breadth of technologies (appropriate to the level of the role) and an appreciation of how they can be combined and applied to solve customer problems.
Work in partnership with others to:
- Effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders to ensure synergy
- Collaborate meaningfully with all parties to ensure outcomes are reached effectively
Whilst having experience in a consultancy is beneficial, demonstrable experience in working with clients/external partners in other settings will always be considered.
During your career with us, we actively encourage and support employees to continually upskill and develop their skills and knowledge.
Who are 6point6?
Founded in 2012, 6point6 drives the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors.
We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers. Our clients work with us because they know for us it’s never just about the project at hand. It’s about creating lasting partnerships built on trust and enabling their long-term success.
We are a growing privately owned company, with offices in central London and Manchester.
6point6 strives to create and maintain a work environment in which people are treated with dignity, decency and respect. We champion diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. A number of employee-led groups work with us to create a unique, fun and fulfilling environment that contributes positively to our culture and our corporate social responsibility commitments.
We are fully committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people and operate a zero tolerance culture towards any discrimination.
Irrespective of your needs, and no matter how small, please let the Recruitment Team know if there are any ways that we can support you during the hiring process.
Benefits at 6point6
From health and wellness to lifestyle and finances, we have your best interests at heart.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes all the standard offerings you’d expect like company bonus plan, pension, private medical, life assurance and income protection. Employee wellbeing is also of the utmost importance to us and we have many benefits supporting wellbeing such as an employee assistance programme, life coaching, a workplace nursery scheme, an electric car scheme and a cycle to work scheme with bike storage.
Our people shape our culture and our values are embedded into everything we do.
HUMAN: We celebrate our differences and bring our authentic selves to work. We are one, inclusive, team.
DEDICATED: We are dedicated to each other, our clients and to our profession. We care.
HONEST: We embrace transparency, act with integrity and encourage everyone to speak openly.
BRAVE: We empower each other to make bold decisions, to take ownership and to challenge with respect.
Originally posted on Himalayas