Senior Contracts Specialist - Worldwide
10 days ago
As a Percona Senior Contracts Specialist, you will be a key contributor to our organization's success by overseeing the entire contract lifecycle, from inception to execution, for an assigned region. Your expertise in contract management and negotiation and your strong attention to detail will be critical in ensuring that our contracts align with company goals, minimize risks, and foster positive relationships with customers and colleagues. You will be part of a small but highly talented team. The deals are always different so you will broaden your knowledge significantly and never be bored! Working on the Contracts team, you will work closely with Percona’s sales team, customer success team, and customers to help close deals. Dependable execution of contracts is critical as well as highly organized and efficient retention of documents. You’ll prepare, send and negotiate contract terms and conditions using cutting edge technology with our prospects and customers. Ideally, there is an expectation of autonomy built through trust and quality of work, with collaboration between you and the director on highly complex and high-value deals. You’ll also field inquiries from customers and work collaboratively with teams across the company to ensure customers have the best sales/contracting experience possible. This requires a strong attention to detail and an ability to analyze and report on specific risks associated with contracts.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare, send, and execute standard sales contracts and other agreements as required/requested
- Request and obtain internal approval for non-standard terms
- Analyze a variety of complex legal documents and situations and offer solutions
- Review and resolve red-lined agreements for customers and prospects
- Negotiate contract terms with internal and external business partners - knowing when to pull the director and other senior leadership into the discussion
- Create, review and update contract language for new and existing contracts and apply changes in Ironclad
- Update our playbook with preferred language/clausesExplain terms and conditions to internal and external parties
- Set up executed contracts Send pertinent notifications to Percona teams, partners, and customers
- Update and maintain documentation related to contracts processes and procedures
- Liaise with Compliance on customer data security questionnaires and documents
- Complete and return required vendor forms, coordinating with Finance and Compliance as needed
- Partner with the others within the Contracts team, especially with the director, to identify and discuss patterns seen in contract requests, red-lining, inquiries, etc. to find a better way
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a similar relevant field required
- Familiarity with US contract law required
- English speaking and writing skills at the professional level (advanced to expert) required
- At least three years of proven experience preparing sales contracts and other business agreements or experience in a business-related role such as accounting or finance where precision and attention to detail is paramount
- Experience working in positions that require process creation/refinement
- Experience using a CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Extensive writing and redlining experience
- Ability to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced environment, utilizing effective organizational skills to prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects for multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills for evaluating complex and variable documents, situations, and requests
- Ability to work a schedule with at least four hours crossover with Eastern Time in the USA
- Ability to work later hours as needed, especially at month's/quarter’s/year’s end
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Previous experience managing contracts for an international company from creation to close
- Contract creation/negotiation experience
- Experience collaborating with teams
- Salesforce experience
- Ironclad experience
- Demonstrated success with process creation/refinement
- Operations skills
- Familiarity with accounting procedures
- Experience analyzing risk in commercial agreements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong client-relations and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent judgment and superior written and oral communication and analytic skills
- Experience working for a remotely distributed company
- Experience in the IT industry
- Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
- With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team
- Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active Our internal programs include groups like:
- The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
- Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
- Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
- FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend.
- Gain all of this and more by becoming a part of our organization!
Originally posted on Himalayas