Senior Data Engineer - Worldwide
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About the Data Engineering Team
Headway is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us get closer to executing our mission: to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States. Data plays a critical role in Headway’s mission by empowering business decisions and operations at scale. The Data Engineering team builds the platform on which we process financial data and make business decisions. The data engineering team is partnered with most of the teams across Headway including the finance team, insurance systems team, data analytics, product and data science teams.
As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will be collaborating with others in designing, building and implementing data pipelines that serve the core product and various stakeholders. You will be partnering with the Data Science, Data Analytics and Core Infrastructure functions closely, and together help shape the data landscape for Headway.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate on the design and improvements of the data infrastructure
- Partner with product and engineering to advocate best practices and build supporting systems and infrastructure for the various data needs
- Create data pipelines that stitch together various data sources in order to produce valuable business insights
- Create real-time data pipelines in collaboration with the Data Science team
You will love this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role building products, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Good foundations in Python, Java or Scala (Python being the one we use most)
- Experience with Spark, PySpark, DBT, SQL, and Airflow
- Knowledge of visualization tools, such as Metabase, Jupyter Notebooks (Python)
- A knack for simplifying data, expressing information in charts and tables
- Empathy: you are eager to see the world from your users’ perspectives
- Energy: you're attracted to ambiguity are a self-starter. You love to drive the direction of ambiguous projects
- Motivation: our mission excites you. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability)
Our Interview Process
After you apply to Headway, here are some details of what to expect during the interview process.
- Initial screen: You’ll connect with someone in recruiting so you can learn more about the team, Headway’s mission and exciting growth, and we can get a better idea of your background.
- First round: You'll meet with a member of our data engineering team for a data systems interview.
- Final rounds: You’ll meet several more team members for technical and non-technical interviews and leave with a fuller picture of what it’s like to work at Headway.
- References and the Offer: Our favorite part of the process! We'll send over all of the details, including specifics on employee equity, and congratulatory messages from excited future team members!
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally posted on Himalayas