Senior Data Scientist - Worldwide
ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
Rocket Money, the top personal finance management (PFM) app, is looking for a Senior Data Scientist. Rocket Money needs help launching products that will help us retain our #1 spot in the PFM space and give people confidence in their day to day finances. As part of the Rocket Companies, we have a larger mandate to build products that will help our customers achieve long term financial goals like buying a house, reducing debt, and saving for retirement.
Data Scientists at Rocket Money further our mission by working to understand and deepen the customer relationship with Rocket Company’s many financial products. Responsibilities may include building models that uncover what types of customers would benefit from mortgage and personal loan products, digging into and explaining user churn behavior and financial fitness, and designing growth marketing tests and lifetime value models. We have a strong preference for team players that are comfortable collaborating across teams and working at both strategic and delivery focused levels.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
In this role, you will:
- Work alongside our product and marketing teams to understand our members’ product usage, predict our customers’ lifetime value, and estimate user retention
- Optimize to continuous product feedback loops - you understand that data science is the practice of a continuous lifecycle of measurement, analysis, modeling, and hypothesis testing
- Create customer segmentation models that will help us understand the best ways to serve different types of users
- Help develop the next version of Autopilot - ensure members have money in the right place at the right time for their near and long term goals; warn them when they do not
- Develop improvements to transaction classification and categorization - better detect subscriptions and power our spending insights
- Design and conduct experiments to estimate the impact of product and marketing efforts
Regardless of the challenges you dive into, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert in your area of specialty and be responsible for leading projects from start to finish - making key decisions on both implementation and scope while balancing technical and business goals
- Become an expert on our members - understand their needs and financial goals; work with product and engineering teams to build features that help our members build better financial lives
- Be a steward of good instrumentation and experimental design - designing analyses, models, and products in a way that is measurable, testable, repeatable, and robust
- Maintain a high technical bar - participate in code reviews, contribute to product and technical design, and maintain a high degree of quality in our production data
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 5+ years of professional experience working in a data science capacity. You know your way around databases, data warehouses, and at least one programming language
- You are a team player - collaboration and communication are a first instinct and key tool for getting stuff done. You continually seek feedback on your work
- You have excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- You embrace the player/coach mindset - you take care to mentor and develop others when leading projects
- You find yourself building tools to help others solve their problems and follow a philosophy of continuous improvement and automation
- You care just as much about why you're solving a problem as the solution. You always want a deep understanding of context and business impact. You are a data scientist first, but an expert business analyst when necessary
- You have experience in one or more of the following in a professional capacity: customer modeling/segmentation, time series modeling, natural language processing and classification, design of experiments, machine learning applied to consumer products
- You want to continue to grow and learn - you are excited by hard problems and big challenges
- Experience in fintech, banking or finance is a plus
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $150,000 - $190,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Originally posted on Himalayas