Senior Demand Generation Manager - Worldwide
Why PlanetScale Marketing?
The PlanetScale Marketing team is responsible for the creation and execution of engaging, results driven branding, marketing, sales and demand generation campaigns including large global conferences, regional sales enablement events, webinars and targeted account marketing. We also handle the website, paid and organic search, social media, blogs, collateral, promotions, public relations, and advertising.
We are currently hiring a Senior Demand Generation Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing acquisition strategies to generate pipeline for our sales team by using organic and paid channels. You will be responsible for proposing the strategy and executing our key initiatives around our funnel.
What’s the job to be done?
- Generate Sales Pipeline (Demand Generation)
- Develop and execute a comprehensive demand generation plan that includes target audience identification, acquisition strategies, and budget allocation
- Work hand in hand with sales to move leads through the sales funnel supporting activation and conversion tactics
- Monitor the overall process efficiency and constantly improve our conversion rates to meet our targets
- Support our outbound motion and execute ad-hoc tactics like events or targeted outreaches based on our strategy
- Execute ad-hoc field marketing activities
- Report back on performance and plan
- Manage and execute our campaigns
- Create and execute end to end integrated campaigns, from creating the concept to creating the copy, emails and the web page.
- Work with our content, brand and web teams to produce any assets needed
- Launch our products efficiently in the market
- Manage the integrated campaign calendar
- Use our acquisition channels including organic, paid media channels (Search, Socia, Display), influencer campaigns, affiliate marketing, and so on to promote our brand and campaigns
- Evolve the use of channels
- Manage our email nurture campaigns and coordinate our email campaigns
- Execute on paid media as needed aligned with our broader paid media objectives
- Monitor our SEO strategy and implementation, monitoring website traffic as well as marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Analyze data and metrics to identify trends and use these to create insights that can inform how we optimize campaigns and drive growth
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, developer education, and engineering teams to identify and prioritize growth opportunities, execute campaigns, and product launches
These attributes best describe you....
- A lover of data and can analyze a marketing funnel; you can identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven marketing plans
- First-hand experience with paid media, and get excited about things like landing pages, creative testing, and calls to action
- You’re comfortable wearing many different hats including, webmaster, art director, content editor and more
- You want to be an active contributor to the product feedback loop and advocate for users internally
- You are familiar with many performance marketing and web analytics tools.
- You have a point of view and love educating others on SEO best practices.
- An energetic and willing attitude
- Experience working cross-functionally with creatives, engineers, analysts and product managers
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- A hungry, infectious personality: we’re looking for someone determined and able to win
- Thrives in and is able to help create an experimentation-centric culture
What you will need
- 5+ years’ experience in demand generation, growth marketing, or campaign management in a B2B Saas Company, preferably in developer tooling
- Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
- Basic Knowledge of the marketing tools and languages (E.g., Salesforce, Hubspot, Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Google trends, google search console, google tag manager, Segment, SFDC, Excel)
- Proficient on self serving on analytics needs and with knowledge of Analytics tools like Tableau, Looker, Mode, etc
- Some knowledge of the developer landscape and the forums tools they use (StackOverflow, GitHub, documentation, dev.to, blogs, etc.)
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working in a remote organization
- Basic knowledge of open source development and communities
- Experience with developer tooling and/or technical cloud products
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you need any accommodations, please inform our Talent Acquisition team upon initial contact. We are happy to accommodate!
Total Compensation and Pay Transparency
An employee’s total compensation consists of base salary + variable comp where appropriate + benefits + equity. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to answer any further questions when we engage with you to begin the interview process.
Salary Range: $152,000 | $200,000
Originally posted on Himalayas