Senior Full Stack Engineer - Worldwide
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
OUR ROLE MISSIONAs a Sr. Full-stack Engineer at Apollo, you will work with Apollo’s 200M+ Leads data and build features on top of it. You will be responsible for improving the quality of our data and building customer-facing products by coming up with innovative, yet simple, solutions and implementing them end-to-end. This involves building highly scalable web services, an excellent understanding of software design and databases, and a solid grasp of frontend engineering. You will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement and drive best practices in technology, architecture, and process. In this role, you will interface with a product, design, software engineers, and members on teams outside of Engineering. At Apollo, we are obsessed with improving quality, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through, and we expect the same from you. You have a drive to constantly investigate performance improvements and generate innovative ideas.
OUR TECH STACK
- Frontend: React/Redux/NodeJ
- Backend: Ruby/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/Redis/Elasticsearch
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform in infrastructure
DAILY ADVENTURES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement, test, deploy and iterate on end to end features in our products covering both frontend and backend
- Implement "pixel perfect" design as delivered by our designers that works across different browsers, according to specifications provided
- Produce "clean" and well-structured code, with detailed specifications and documentation.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation and continuous delivery
- Effectively communicate development progress or blockers to the product lead, engineering manager, and other stakeholders
- Work effectively as part of a large global team
- Attend and engage in scrum ceremonies, oncall, and other team processes
- Write unit/integration tests and contribute to engineering wikis
- 6+ years of industry experience in backend development and at least 5+ years in frontend development
- Strong system design fundamentals and experience building scalable systems
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven software engineering skills in production environment, including test-driven development
- Experience with Cypress in writing meaningful tests
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, and highly performant Preferred:
- Experience in Python
- Experience with Sidekiq
- Experience with Spark or other distributed processing frameworks
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Databricks, Snowflake, MongoDB, Terraform, Ansible
- Understanding of Design Systems and experience using them for frontend development
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Originally posted on Himalayas