Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Privacy - Worldwide
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to join our growing Privacy team within Security Engineering. As a Full-Stack Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for building the core privacy components that product teams across Instacart use to ensure our Customers can be in control of their data. In this role you will help connect our Customers to cutting edge privacy systems we have deployed internally.
Our goal is to run the world's most trusted and secure delivery platform. We work across all layers of our infrastructure to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems and protect our customers’, shoppers’, and partners’ data.
About the Team
The Privacy team is a platform team in the Security Engineering organization that believes it should be easy to build products that respect our user’s privacy. To do this, we manage our internal data privacy architecture that includes systems to annotate, find, and delete data across production and offline data storage systems. Additionally, we build the front end components that product teams across Instacart use to give our users direct access to these internal systems.
The Privacy team is a member of our core Privacy working group, that includes our Legal team, Compliance team, Operations teams, and privacy partners for each of our main product pillars. Additionally we work closely with our Infrastructure, Data Platform, and Security engineering teams to ensure privacy controls are in place effectively across all levels of our stack.
About the Job
- Lead the build management of our core privacy services with the rest of the Privacy team. This includes systems to find, and manage user data at scale
- Work with our Privacy Product Manager to turn privacy controls into reusable components for product teams across Instacart
- Consult with our Retailer Platform team to ensure our Marketplace customers continue to support changes in privacy requirements for their storefronts.
- Support the integration of privacy controls alongside product engineering teams across Instacart
- Build and collaborate with our backend privacy engineers on the internal systems that enable privacy by design, touching all aspects of our full tech stack
- 7+ years of experience as a full stack developer, demonstrating success in both deploying r managing backend APIs as well as the UIs they power
- Experience working with Node.js, Express, and TypeScript
- Experience developing tools and automation using common devops toolsets and programming languages
- Excellent communication skills, including written, to serve as an advocate evangelist for the Privacy team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related work experience
- Experience working on security or privacy products
- An interest or experience with iOS or Android development
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Originally posted on Himalayas