Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Growth - Worldwide
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
As a core member of the Channels Relevance team, you’ll work with the billions of events and terabytes of data generated every day to personalize Reddit notifications for each user on the platform, helping them connect with their communities and discover the best of Reddit.
How You'll Have Impact:
You will own projects from ideation to production instead of being stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. You’ll work with a super talented, cross-functional team to solve hard problems in order to create experiences that users will love. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate on projects with other Channels Relevance engineers where you’ll apply Machine Learning to personalization, discovery and recommendation problems.
- Build and deploy sophisticated machine learning models to improve experiences for millions of users.
- Participate in the full software development cycle: design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, analyze and iterate.
- Collaborate across disciplines and with other ML teams at Reddit to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
Who You Might Be:
- 2+ years post-graduation hands-on work experience in Machine Learning in a production-based environment (not including internships).
- Solid theoretical knowledge of Machine Learning and Statistical concepts, including Deep Learning, as well as performance tradeoffs. Experience with recommender and/or ranking systems is a plus.
- Experience with at least 1 of: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch and Sklearn
- Experience working with data-intensive systems and writing production-quality software (preferred Python or golang)
- The ability to extract insight from data; proficient with SQL
- Passionate about building delightful products for users
- Strong communication and team-work skills
- Private Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Vacation Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Originally posted on Himalayas