Senior Manager, Product Design - Worldwide
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 20M users across 350k+ companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconiq, and Coatue.
Loom DesignDesign is a vital organization at Loom. By radically improving the experience of recording and sharing quick video messages, we are creating a new and more humane way of communicating at work. This requires us to think big and to discover and explore uncharted territory. That's why we're focused on building a diverse, and resilient design organization, full of talented people who love feedback and collaboration. Joining Loom is an opportunity to be at the forefront of industry transformation — how video is used at work and how AI can enable leapfrog improvements and simplicity in video creation and consumption. Loom is a distributed-first workplace: we're hiring the best Designers and Researchers that live and work anywhere in the continental US and Canada.
Loom is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Manager of Product Design to drive forward the core product experience of Loom. This person will be a strong craft and people-focused leader, who embodies the values we seek in our design leaders to lead with empathy and resilience.
As Senior Manager, you will be responsible for driving the user-centered vision, strategy, and design execution of our AI-enabled video creation and viewing experiences. You will craft a vision that is based in user insights that inspires and delivers, and champion the people on your team to deliver graceful and delightful experiences. You balance between aspiration and realism to deliver immediate customer value that provides immediate utility, is made with care, and sparks joy.
You will be a user champion and a trusted leader to colleagues across the organization, working alongside a top-notch team across multiple disciplines to support Loom in its journey to introduce a new mode of communication for the workplace that solves top user pain points of remote and distributed work.
- Lead and manage our core product design team of 3+ product designers
- Define and own user-centered strategy and design execution of new features that will enable better ways to record, edit, and view a Loom video
- Proactively identify new problems and opportunities for the team that are rooted in user problems, working intimately with user research and data to propose paths forward
- Collaborate with brand and marketing to ensure user value is conveyed end-to-end across a user’s journey
- Partner with engineering to have a working understanding of technical systems in order to creatively scope prioritization trade-offs
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market to ensure we are driving innovation and building for customer needs. Stay up-to-date with the latest video trends, consumer products, technologies
- Work alongside the broader Design leadership team to craft our teams’ culture, processes, and tools and ensure we’re building toward a connected vision and product experience
- Co-own the evolution and maturity of our Lens Design System alongside our design team
- Mastery of hiring outstanding product designers to achieve our goals as a team
What We're Looking For
- You believe deeply in the power of video and its ability to transform communication at work
- You stand on an outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, product sense, and idea generation
- You’re an expert in people development and up-leveling design craft – you have what it takes to grow and empower an incredible design team
- You are a user advocate to peers, leadership, and company wide to drive a strong level of design thinking, user centricity and research to influence our product offering growth
- You are a coach to others and give and ask for honest and critical feedback - you inspire, not merely direct
- You bring a wealth of knowledge around interaction design principles, up to date trends, and usability heuristics
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in Product Design and a minimum of 4 years experience of managing Product Designers in organizations that have shipped software to users, partnering with Product and Engineering and Product Marketing teammates
- You're an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you're comfortable managing high-stakes communications
- You have experience leading a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with distant teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams
- You embody a learning and growth mindset: Our team size and our design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. We strive to continuously improve and integrate what we learn — from our work and with each other.
- You lead with empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love. Empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, ADD, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office technology reimbursement
How We WorkFreedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation. Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday. Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Loom = Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect. To learn more about how Loom collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Loom Candidate Privacy Notice.
Originally posted on Himalayas