Senior PR & Comms Manager - SEA - Worldwide
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn, valued at AU$2 billion, with 950+ employees spread across the globe.
We have built an all-in-one employment management platform to recruit, onboard, pay and manage talent seamlessly and compliantly. Our world-class software gives business owners and managers peace of mind, and frees up their time to focus on growing their businesses.
For employees and job seekers, the Employment Hero super-app, ‘Swag’, is a real-time control centre, empowering them to manage their work and financial lives efficiently and intelligently. The app provides a range of benefits that help save members thousands of pounds each year.
We've grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 300,000 businesses and 2 million + employees globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2024, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First' approach with our team. If you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you! We would love to find someone based in Singapore or Malaysia for this role.
Employment Hero's Global PR Comms team is growing! We're seeking a seasoned Senior PR Communications Manager who brings immense energy, passion and creativity - you will spearhead our public relations efforts in South East Asia.
Reporting into our Global Head of PR Communications and partnering closely with our SEA Head of Marketing and Managing Director (Asia), you’ll be responsible for driving growth in our share of voice in the SEA Region, building brand awareness, and our reputation as a market leader.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Build and execute a localised PR and Comms plan that aligns with the global PR strategy and company OKRs
- Grow the Employment Hero and Swag brands in Singapore and Malaysia
- Grow the Employment Hero Partner Network in Singapore and Malaysia by attracting new accountants and payroll service providers
- Be one step ahead of trends and newsworthy events, always on the lookout for new opportunities to align our purpose to what’s happening in the news.
- Oversee regional media relations, write and issue press releases, announcements and thought leadership content.
- Organise and deliver thought-provoking events and campaigns that create ‘lightning strike’ moments across the SEA Region
- Draft senior management talking points, speeches, announcements, and support the Senior Leadership Team in public appearances and media engagements.
- Assess and report on PR’s effectiveness and ROI by monitoring earned media performance indicators such as reach, impressions, share of voice and sentiment analysis across SEA
- Align with other members of the PR Team in the UK, and Australia to share best practice
- Work collaboratively with our Insights Research Manager and global team of Content Writers and Growth Marketing Specialists to amplify our reach.
- Engage with other teams within the business, including Sales and CX
- Manage and drive value from relationships with PR Agencies as required
- Proven PR and communications experience (min. 7 years) working with or for a fast growth tech business
- Experience in Business and Consumer PR preferred
- Autonomous, motivated and ambitious self starter able to juggle effectively take ownership of projects. Someone with hustle!
- Strong relationships with Tier 1 media targets inc. national media, tech, business, trade and personal finance
- Confidence to interact and engage with Senior Leaders
- Excellent writing, editorial, grammar and verbal communication skills
- Able to identify emerging content opportunities within your market’s news cycles
- Confidence in interpreting data and insights to inform or support PR
- Able to confidently balance a localised tone of voice with the Employment Hero brand’s tone of voice
- A creative mind, ready to come up with engaging and relevant brand activations.
- Strong asynchronous communication skills, and will be able to confidently manage a flexible calendar to meet with team members across multiple time zones on a weekly basis (UK, New Zealand and Australia)
- Confidence in reporting content and campaign effectiveness using tools like Meltwater
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment (things can change quickly at Employment Hero!)
- Experience in crisis communications, backed by quick ability to understand business issues, have the tenacity to craft clear and sharp messages, FAQs and responses in crisis situations
- Fintech experience is a bonus!
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- Off-site global gatherings for the whole company to collaborate and bond with one another
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $263M Series F round led by TCV in October 2023
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Please submit your CV alongside a cover letter outlining why you’re the perfect fit for Employment Hero, in addition to a case study of a recent campaign you have spearheaded.
Final stage candidates will be invited for a case study to demonstrate their understanding of communications strategy and media understanding.
Originally posted on Himalayas