Senior Principal Software Engineer, FedRAMP - Worldwide
24 days ago
Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.This is a remote position. To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the Pacific, Mountain, or Central timezones.With the 2019 Federal Cloud Computing Strategy accelerating the adoption of the cloud in Federal agencies and Atlassian being a cloud-first company, we want all of our cloud products to meet the requirements of the public sector and all regulated industry customers. As we continue to embark on this journey, we are seeking passionate, innovative, and experienced Architects / Senior Principal Engineers to join the growing Enterprise Trust Foundations: Regulated Industries team and help us realize this vision.Your role will involve the design, implementation, and operations of the services to strengthen the enterprise readiness of our cloud. Be part of a dynamic, cross-functional team spanning all core products and services that deliver incredible, creative improvements to our products and platform. You'll collaborate often with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love. You would not be afraid to speak your mind even if it is blasphemy for other engineers.Your future teamAs a Senior Principal Engineer/Architect focusing on Regulated Industries/FedRAMP programs, you will be reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, Regulated Industries. This position would work across the 100-200 engineers and architects contributing to FedRAMP and compliance efforts across Atlassian.
What you'll do
- Partner with leadership, stakeholders, cross-functional teams to FedRAMP ATO
- Build teams' capacity by mentoring, improving process, sharing best practices and industry insights
- Achieve success in the area of operational excellence, improving delivery predictability and serviceability
- Architect internet-scale distributed systems and build enterprise platform
- Drive long-term architecture
- Drive teams' operational excellence
- At least 2 years of experience achieving and upleveling FedRAMP authorizations
- At least 4 years of experience in crafting and implementing high-volume, low latency distributed systems
- 10+ years of experience building software, with 4+ years in an architect role working across teams
- Understanding of regulated industries and compliance requirements of FedRAMP, HIPAA, ISO, SOC2, etc.
- Broad experience architecting, designing, and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS with hands-on experience of one or more public cloud offerings (AWS preferred)
- Experience with leading department-wide projects
- Experience with collaboration with an ecosystem of teams
- Experience working with remote teams (peers, or customers)
CompensationAt Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:Zone A: $239,000 - $318,600Zone B: $215,100 - $286,800Zone C: $198,400 - $264,500Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks benefitsAtlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
About AtlassianAt Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Originally posted on Himalayas