Senior Product Designer, UGC - Worldwide
27 days ago
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the teamWe’re looking for someone who can help us reimagine the user experience to raise the bar and create a product our customers love and competitors strive to match. This role focuses on providing our community of creators the tools and experience they need to help them complete their jobs to be done and explore our growing catalog of user-generated content (UGC).We pride ourselves on creating delightful experiences for our readers and creators and are looking for someone who is passionate about connecting people to a world of knowledge and resources to raise the bar even higher.We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great. Join us and build something meaningful.
What we’re looking forAn experienced designer who’s excited to own key initiatives and partner with cross-functional peers to define a strategic roadmap. A designer who’s enthusiastic about iterative improvements toward an innovative future vision, and has a passion for crafting beautifully designed solutions based on insights from real people. Someone with a mastery of empathy and user experience intuition, and a portfolio of user-centered work.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with product, data analytics, user research, QA, engineering, and customer support to identify requirements, use cases, user problems and opportunities.
- Lead design projects from brief, research, and concept exploration through prototyping, visual design details, and stewardship through development. Use data collected from research, user testing and market evaluation to create truly user-centered designs.
- Pair with our research department to plan and conduct user research, and test prototypes to understand user needs and emotions and the resonance of our product — synthesizing the results to inspire empathy and bring clarity to the broader team.
- Visualize and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, motion studies, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation specifications for your work.
- Work closely with engineers, stakeholders, and partners to ensure that the user experience is polished and as intended.
- Use a variety of metrics to evaluate and continuously improve the user experience
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a product designer with demonstrable proficiency owning the design process from early stage ideation through high fidelity design to product ship
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists. You can synthesize and incorporate their points of view in your work
- You are someone who is excited by the challenges of reimagining an existing product, working with a team to forge an unknown path, and being the primary advocate for the user across an entire product experience
- You’re a strong communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas clearly and persuasively, and present your work in a way that energizes and creates shared ownership for both leaders and peers. You also have the skills to mentor those around you to deliver high quality work
- You are fluent in UX, visual and interactive design best practices and have a strong knowledge of usability fundamentals and methodologies
- You are a talented designer with an impressive design portfolio that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered
- You work well with ambiguity and get excited about complex problems
- You are people-focused and passionate about designing experiences that have a positive impact
- You are proficient in Figma (our primary tool) or Sketch and prototyping tools of your choosing
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
- Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k/RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning Development programs
- Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity Comfort
- Mental Health support resources
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends family
- Referral Bonuses
- Book Benefit
- Company wide events
- Team engagement budgets
- Vacation Personal Days
- Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
- Flexible Sick Time
- Volunteer Day
- Company-wide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion programs
Originally posted on Himalayas