Senior Proposal Writer - USA
GovCIO is a team of transformerspeople who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
- Create compliant and compelling proposal content by thoroughly analyzing the solicitation requirements.
- Lead management, quality, and transition volumes but also may work on personnel (including resumes and staffing) and past performance.
- Use critical thinking skills to iteratively develop content and graphics using best practices such as storyboarding.
- Deliver required artifacts according to the schedule.
- Collaborate with other proposal team members to integrate win themes, discriminators, and strengths into assigned written sections.
- Ensure alignment of assigned section with overall proposal strategy and messaging.
- Create oral presentation slides on a variety of topics.
- Serve as a section or volume lead, management solution architect, and/or an expert color team reviewer.
- Write proposal narratives that are responsive to requirements and highlight the strengths or benefits of our solution.
- Develop or refine graphics that support our proposed solution.
- Analyze proposal requirements (including subsequent amendments), capture materials, reading room content, and/or openly available materials to integrate critical concepts and insights into the proposal narrative.
- Revise proposal content based on iterative and color team feedback.
- Meet or exceed all proposal milestones and deadlines.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's with 5 - 8 years (or commensurate experience)
- Proven ability to write compliant and compelling proposal sections in response to Government solicitations in support of a variety of departments and agencies (Federal/Civilian and DoD/IC).
- Experience writing and tailoring content for complex non-technical proposal sections (e.g., management plans, quality plans, staffing) for a wide variety of IT solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience writing for government proposals valued at $25M and greater.
New employees will be required to adhere to the Company's and its clients' COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client's COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is a team of professionals who want to make a difference. And that can only happen with a diverse, happy, and cared-for team. So, we prioritize your well-being, equity for all and look for ways to make work a better place for each of us every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status. EOE AA M/ F/Vet/Disabled