Senior Security Solution Architect, Specialty Domain - Remote role in US - Worldwide
26 days ago
Rackspace technology is excited to recruit a highly specialized and senior solution architect in the Americas region. You will be required to support our sales teams as part of a growing team of security solution architects to help develop secured architectures for our Customers. As a cloud first company, Rackspace is leveraging it’s market position as the leading managed cloud services provider to extend complete managed services using a cloud native and market leading approach to tooling and service. You will be required to utilise your experience to discuss complex security requirements at seniorities ranging from detailed technical conversations through to high level C-Level executive conversations about business risk and reward. You will work closely with our delivery and business leaders to help inform product updates and enhancements on an ongoing basis, retaining a customer first advocacy as we expand our portfolio of security services to include Application security, data security and identity requirements as a part of our strategic roadmap. If you’re looking to engage in an exciting and fast paced environment, with lots of regular customer contact and a direct input into our future direction as an MSSP, this role is not one to be missed.
- Engaging with varied levels of customer stakeholders ranging from technical to executive in Mid-Market and Enterprise grade customers.
- Operate as a trusted advisor to customers helping them to map their strategic requirements and enable them to achieve their business goals.
- Create multi-faceted and compound solutions which leverage our unique business position as a cloud services provider into full business managed security services.
- Support the development of further product portfolio roadmap items and remain a customer advocate for future development.
- Extensive analytical and problem-solving mentality to support sales with a can-do approach to meeting our customer’s needs.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of both commercial requirements and value propositions with ability to articulate to internal and external stakeholders.
- As a senior member of the team, mentorship and continued development of more junior members of the team and wider business.
- Strong presentation skills capable of articulating complex ideas through the medium of workshops, whiteboarding and executive level presentations.
- You will be an experienced professional with industry experience in good practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Requires specialized expertise in Cybersecurity and working knowledge of Cloud, Applications and Data as it pertains to Business IT requirements.
- Understanding of a variety of security sensitive industries required, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Government Services.
- Experience and certification in Solution Architecture practices, including TOGAF, Business Architecture and Cloud architecture principles.
- Deep and focused knowledge on products and services within Security including expertise that extends beyond the Rackspace portfolio.
- Recognized in the industry for their proven extensive technical knowledge within multiple domains (Cloud, Security, DevOps, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in positioning security solutions against competition.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize deals, training, and initiatives through highly effective time management.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, presentation, and whiteboarding skills.
- Track record of success working through technical challenges requiring specialty knowledge within enterprise organizations.
- Track record of success dealing with ambiguity (internal and external) and working collaboratively with other departments and organizations to solve challenging problems.
- Advanced knowledge and thought leadership on technology and industry trends that affect hosting decisions for enterprise organizations.
- Prefer advanced Sales training (Sandler, John Care) advanced technical training across multiple technologies within a single domain (Cloud, Security, DevOps, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Required.
- Prefer Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business.
- Experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 3 years experience for 1 year of education.
- High school diploma required
- At least TWO industry certifications required: CISSP, CCSP, Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect, TOGAF
- Certification with the following vendors preferred: Microsoft, AWS, GCP, Cloudflare, Crowdstrike, Qualys, Akamai, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Cisco.
- At least TWO top tier technical certifications in a highly desired technology domain.
- Additional Business focused and Rackspace product certifications highly desired.
- Requires 12+ years of solutions engineering or specialty domain experience with proven track record.
- General office environment. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times.
- No special physical demands required.
- 25% - Depending on business needs
- This role is not sponsorship eligible
- Base Salary + Commission
- 80:20 Split
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Originally posted on Himalayas