Senior Site Reliability Engineer - USA
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
Ansys is seeking an experienced Senior Cloud DevOps/SRE Engineer to be part of a rapidly growing team that's responsible for design, build and delivery of the application stacks for product teams in a cloud-based environment. You will be working closely with software and QA engineers, to build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure, balancing performance and resilience with cost. As part of a growing team focused on emergent technologies, you will run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health to ensure quality, security, and reliability. You will provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications across multi cloud service providers.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Define, implement, and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and feedback to the development team for improvement.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with a proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in an Infrastructure/DevOps/SRE Engineering role
- Experience managing operational monitoring, metrics and logging systems
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash).
- Source/version control (Git)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering discipline
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
- Experience working with, or are familiar with the differences between, public, private, and mixed cloud environments.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Up to date with trends and developments in database administration.
- Familiar with Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker
- Experience operating, automating and scaling cloud based HPC infrastructure platforms
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.