Senior Software Engineer/Developer (REF1936O) - Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions
The largest ICT employer in Hungary, Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions (formerly IT-Services Hungary, ITSH) is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Telekom Group. Established in 2006, the company provides a wide portfolio of IT and telecommunications services with more than 5000 employees. ITSH was awarded with the Best in Educational Cooperation prize by HIPA in 2019, acknowledged as one of the most attractive workplaces by PwC Hungary’s independent survey in 2021 and rewarded with the title of the Most Ethical Multinational Company in 2019. The company continuously develops its four sites in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged and is looking for skilled IT professionals to join its team.
We construct and manage solutions for automating infrastructure rollout as well as IP address management, while also establishing the groundwork for data-driven decision-making through our data analytics platform.
We are currently taking over a new responsibility to modernize the data center infrastructure management. In this context, you will develop products supporting our more than thousand data centers which are part of Europe’s largest telecommunication networks.
Your daily tasks:
- You'll get direct experience across the whole software lifecycle and develop business critical products with enterprise reliability. You'll be working in a multinational company being a key player in developing and enhancing new and existing products. You will deal with the whole software stack and create database as well as web applications. Cloud infrastructure is part of our everyday life as well as CICD. We offer you technical challenges and career advancement as well.
- Python, Angular, Kotlin/Java, Postgres
- GitLab, JIRA, Confluence
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or a similar qualification
- Minimum 4 years experience in software engineering.
- Over 2 years experience in Python, Typescript, Kotlin/Java implementing business-critical software
- Experience developing cloud native applications
- Proficient experience in SQL and non-SQL databases
- At least basic knowledge of Linux, Docker and Kubernetes
- Architectural skills: System and interface design, design for test and operations
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of German helpful
- Experience in development projects in cross-functional and international teams
- Experience with Postgres
- Skills/Interest in geometric topics like coordinate transformations
- Familiarity with code analysis tools
- Microsoft Visio
* Please be informed that our remote working possibility is only available within Hungary due to European taxation regulation.
Originally posted on Himalayas