Senior Software Engineer , Jira Issue Backend Team - Worldwide
29 days ago
Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.Our office is in Bengaluru, but we offer flexibility for eligible candidates to work remote across India. Whatever your preference—working from home, an office, or in between— you can choose the place that's best for your work and your lifestyle.We're looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Jira Issue Backend Platform Team. Atlassian's Jira Issue teams are on a journey to transform Issue Experiences for our customers. The team's mission is to improve the how issues work for Jira Cloud customers, making it not only easier to use for our millions of customers across the globe, but making our issue platform more reliable. Our teams own all of the backend APIs and codebases that power Jira Issue Experiences, which are the most-viewed pages in the Jira Cloud suite of products (Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Jira Work Management, plus more). You'll work as part of a team delivering features and creative improvements to delight the customers, and pave the way for future work.You will manage the maintenance and feature development of new requirements and you are expected to work with developers and team members in multiple timezones, predominantly in India and Australia. You will work with a group of accomplished engineers at varying job levels and will report to an Engineering Manager. If you want to grow as an engineer that can manage the entire life cycle of important software, this is an opportunity you can't miss
What you'll do
- Guide complex projects autonomously, from technical design to launch.
- Handle complex architecture challenges, apply and determine architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead code design documentation across complex changes, especially on high-risk problems
- Be an example for meaningful code reviews across your team
- Partner across engineering teams to handle company-wide projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge from your current language to excel as a Java developer.
- Mentor junior members of the team
On your first day we’ll expect you to have :
- 8+ years experience developing backend applications
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Senior-level experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Python, Kotlin.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
- Experience creating and implementing well-tested, scalable and performant micro-services or other distributed systems
- Practical knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Practice in mentoring other engineers and influencing decision makers throughout the organisation
- Consider the customer impact when making technical decisions
Our perks benefitsAtlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
About AtlassianAt Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Originally posted on Himalayas