Senior Software Engineer, MozSocial - Worldwide
We’re looking for a passionate, driven, and experienced backend engineer to help us deliver world-class applications across the MozSocial product line.
The opportunity and team
At MozSocial, we are focused on connecting people to the power, possibility magic of the web in a safe and trusted way. Our apps are essential ways that people share, discover and consume content on the web. Mozilla Social’s vision is to develop an integrated platform that empowers users through seamless communication, content discovery, curation, and sharing capabilities, enabling them to stay up-to-date, explore new perspectives, and engage within a safe and enriching experience.
Are you excited about the role of content to enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help make this happen. Our Platform team builds the MozSocial experience behind the scenes to provide our client engineers with the APIs and infrastructure they need. We’re looking for an engineer that is passionate about finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, and shipping quality code.
MozSocial is a part of the Mozilla Corporation. We are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As our Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high-quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to MozSocial’s success.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do:
- Own significant pieces of our backend services that power experiences in: Firefox, apps, and web surfaces. These surfaces engage millions of users every day and hundreds of developers build applications upon.
- Develop reusable patterns and practices for deploying systems at scale on cloud platforms.
- Deliver new features to our users by developing and enhancing our services.
- Integrate open source software such as Mastodon and Elk and develop against and improve open standards like Activity Pub, Web Finger, etc.
- Support a tiered On Call rotation.
- Collaborate with peers, pair programs, code review, and collaborate with the greater organization.
What you bring...
- At least 4 years of professional experience in software engineering
- Experience with API design and development
- Experience with microservices
- Strong communication skills and an ability to approach problems in a structured way and distill complex issues into actionable insights.
- Consumer-facing product experience
- Direct experience with infrastructure technologies such as: GCP, Terraform, Cloudformation, and/or Docker are a plus.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed above, and be passionate about learning new things.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2212
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Hiring Ranges:Canada Tier 1 Locations $104,000$153,000 CAD Canada Tier 2 Locations $94,000$138,000 CAD
Originally posted on Himalayas