Senior Solutions Engineer - Worldwide
We're Karat, the world's largest interviewing company.
Karat helps companies hire top engineering talent with confidence. As an end-to-end hiring solution, we work with organizations to improve the quality, efficiency, and equity of their technical hiring process. Global leaders like Walmart, Atlassian, and Citi rely on Karat to conduct hundreds of assessments and interviews every day through a powerful combination of human expertise and innovative technology. Our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair and enjoyable so we can unlock opportunity -- for everyone. We’re a passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Solutions Engineering team
Our Solutions Engineering team works closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams, empowering any company hiring Software Engineers to make their technical hiring process more fair and predictive. We leverage our partnership-building experience, technical expertise, and a solution-oriented mindset to help all companies improve their Software Engineering hiring for the better by utilizing Karat.
What you will do
As a Senior Pre-Sales Engineer, you will be the technical point of contact for new prospects and ongoing clients. You will help them understand the Software Engineering hiring process, their hiring process, their company and team make up, and performance needs in order to build a high-performing interview plan. Partnering with Content and Data Engineers, you will analyze data, develop proposals, and strengthen the partnership between Karat and our clients. You will also ensure all Karat clientele consistently meet their hiring goals through an interview process that is fair, predictive, and enjoyable.
We are looking to hire this position out of India, as this individual will partner cross-functionally with others from our Emerging Markets team. Working hours will need to overlap with EMEA and there will be required internal meetings that align with timezones in the U.S.
- Attend meetings with client-facing teams in order to speak to the merits of Karat’s interview methodology and approach, as well as the technical performance of the Karat product.
- Own communication for executive leadership of enterprise clientele in Karat’s emerging markets (including India and EMEA).
- Apply your technical expertise to map client hiring goals to the correct content and ensure accurate delivery output.
- Address the technical concerns of clients, bringing those discussion points back to our engineering and product team in order to help with product prioritization, ultimately maximizing the value of the Karat product.
- Improve the Solutions Engineering team's operational efficiency by identifying new areas where increased value can be provided to clients (including improvements to processes, tools, and team knowledge bases).
- Develop and execute pre-sales and expansion plans focused on emerging market audiences, including, but not limited to, engineering leaders and talent leaders.
- Be the expert on the Indian market, including knowledge of buyer and stakeholder needs, market trends, opportunities and challenges.
The experience you will bring
- 7+ years of experience in Pre/Post Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Technical Account Management, technical consulting, or similar professional experience
- Previous experience supporting enterprise SaaS/B2B companies required
- History working with clients at the senior or Executive leadership level
- Experience working with complex data sets, generating reports, and making data-driven decisions
- Strong, clear communicator and presenter who balances clarity and compassion (verbally and in writing)
- Understanding of software development disciplines, teams, methodologies, etc., highly preferred
- Previous experience hiring, interviewing, and/or mentoring Software Engineers a plus
Legal Employment Statement
Karat is a U.S.-based company. In order to work with individuals outside of the United States, we partner with a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). If hired for this position, your legal employer will be the PEO. This means your payroll, benefits offered, time off, etc., will be offered and managed by them.
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originally posted on Himalayas