Senior SRE Engineer - Worldwide
23 days ago
WHO WE AREThe Trustly Americas team combines PayWithMyBank, a 2012 Silicon Valley startup, with Trustly AB of Sweden, following their 2019 merger. Our team represents 30 nationalities, serving 8,300 merchants, connecting to 650 million consumers, and 12,000 banks across 33 countries. Our global network processes over $42 billion annually.Our digital account-to-account platform redefines the speed, simplicity, and security of payments. Consumers pay for purchases by simply signing into their bank accounts, bypassing the card networks, and never leaving a merchant’s site or app – no credit card numbers or separate account setup necessary. With offices in Vitoria, Brazil, Silicon Valley in the US, and global headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, we are a culturally diverse team. Across Brazil, we have embraced remote work from home policy.At Trustly, we believe that inclusion and diversity are essential foundations for building a fair and equitable society. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability status. Our main goal is to provide a fair, welcoming, diverse environment with opportunities for all collaborators. The stages of our selection process take place online and without distinction of any kind.It’s a great time to join Trustly as the Americas team is growing fast. If you thrive in an entrepreneurially-minded, fast-paced, casual, professional, positive, and rewarding work environment, check us out!
About the teamOur SRE team is responsible for ensuring that the underlying infrastructure is running smoothly and that systems and tools are working as expected. They use automation tools to monitor and observe software reliability in the production environment, and are also experienced in finding problems in software and writing codes to fix them.
What you'll do:
- Guide a team of SREs: Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and support to a team of SRE engineers. Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
- System reliability and availability: Architect, design, and implement strategies to ensure the high availability, reliability, and fault tolerance of our infrastructure and applications.
- Incident management: Lead incident response efforts, identify root causes, and implement preventative measures to minimize future incidents.
- Performance optimization: Identify performance bottlenecks, conduct performance analysis, and optimize system and application performance.
- Automation and tooling: Drive automation initiatives, develop and maintain tools, scripts, and frameworks to streamline deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting processes.
- Generate regular reports on system reliability, uptime, and performance metrics to provide insights and visibility to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop reporting frameworks to track and monitor system health and operational efficiency.
- Prepare executive-level reports summarizing incidents, their resolutions, and recommendations for improvements.
- Present findings, trends, and recommendations to management and stakeholders, providing actionable insights to drive decision-making processes.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field;
- Experience leading DevOps or SRE teams;
- IT project management experience;
- Coding experience with Python, Java, Shell, Bash, or others;
- Experience with supporting critical services in production in the cloud (AWS) and on-premises;
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools;
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and Linux operating system, its standards and best practices for keeping services up and running;
- Proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, removing the manual process and toil using code, and fixing performance concerns using code;
- Experience with building SLIs, SLOs, and error budget, based on business rules;
- Advanced English.
Our perks and benefits:
- Bradesco health and dental plan, for you and your dependents, with no co-payment cost
- Life insurance with differentiated coverage
- Meal voucher and supermarket voucher
- Home Office Allowance
- Gympass - Platform that gives access to spaces for physical activities and online classes
- Trustly Club - Discount at educational institutions and partner stores
- Monthly happy hours with iFood coupon
- English Program - Online group classes with a private teacher
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
- Birthday Off
- Flexible hours/Home Office - our culture is remote-first! You can work in every city in Brazil
- Welcome Kit - We work with Apple equipment (Macbook Pro, iPhone) and we send many more treats! Spoiler alert: Equipment can be purchased by you according to internal criteria!
- Annual premium - As a member of our team, you are eligible to receive an annual bonus, at the company's discretion, based on the achievement of our KPIs.
- Referral Program - If you refer a candidate and we hire the person, you will receive a reward for that!
Originally posted on Himalayas