Senior Tax Accountant: Consultant - USA
100% REMOTE Senior Tax Accountant: Consultant / / work life balance, AMAZING BENEFITS, 401K, top compensation
Salary: $60,000 - $100,000 per year
A bit about us:
This is a consulting opportunity for a prestigious firm in New Jersey. They have an impressive training program and are set up for Tax professionals to work remote! The ideal Senior Tax Accountant has experience working remote, as well as experience utilizing CCH! The Tax Accountant also has experience in high-net worth individual returns, as well as corporate and partnership returns. There is opportunity to be hired after tax season if the candidate is interested
We are looking for candidates that have public accounting experience that understand what it takes to work with a client on both their financial statement and tax needs. Our firm does not focus our employees in just financial accounting or tax. The team assigned to a job, which in most cases will include both in-house and remote employees, will collaborate to complete the work from beginning to end, providing well-rounded experience that few firms provide.
Our firm focuses our efforts on financial services, mortgage, banking from 0-$1B+ in revenue. We conduct audits, reviews and compilations with associated tax work responsibilities. Our tax work is mainly corporate-related except for the preparation of individual returns associated with our clients. We are working with large mortgage banks and handling their employee individual returns, as well.
In addition to our standard accounting services, we have a thriving business consulting practice that specializes in merger & acquisitions, valuations, financing arrangements and succession planning for our clients. Our accountants get the opportunity to be involved in these transactions as part of the client team.
Experience with the full suite of CCH Axcess and CCH Engagement or experience within CCH is required. The position requires, at a minimum, a Bachelor's Degree and no less than three years of experience in public accounting.
Why join us?
While a contractor, you will get FULL benefits 75% paid for by us: medical, dental, vision
5 day work week (no weekends)
- Planning, managing, coordinating and providing tax return preparation, compliance and advisory services for a diverse and complex client base, including S-Corporations, C-Corporations and Partnerships.
- Providing personalized estate, trust, gift and income tax planning and tax return preparation services to clients including high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Reviewing complex Federal, multi-state and local tax returns.
- Planning and executing tax planning strategies for individuals and entities to effectuate optimal tax results.
- Researching and consulting on tax issues, technical matters, and special projects.
- Managing and closing Internal Revenue Service audits and assist clients with resolution of IRS, State and local notices and correspondence.
- Proactively build relationships with clients and their other retained professionals to build a collaborative team and provide outstanding client service and value.
- Managing, training, developing and mentoring staff members; participating in interim and annual performance reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Proficient in MS Office/Outlook, experience with CCH is required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain workload under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to use financial data and verbal info to apply it to unique situations and resolve problems