Senior Technical Account Manager - Worldwide
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As an Enterprise Technical Account Manager you will be responsible for the technical success of our largest merchants post-sale. You will advise their developers, product teams, and key business partners throughout the entire customer lifecycle. You will be responsible for implementing our products into merchants’ existing architecture and you will continue to work with them as they scale. You will help them not only to avoid pitfalls, but to take advantage of more of Affirm’s offerings; solving business objectives with technical strategies and product optimizations. Technical Account Managers are a part of the Engineering Team and work closely with Affirm’s Product, Operations, Customer Success and Merchant Help teams.
What You'll Do
- You will be the primary technical lead over a set of enterprise merchants within a vertical or like category; you will be responsible for building the trust of your technical counterparts while also fostering long term relationships with all merchant partners
- Project Manage and provide world class technical guidance and solutions for new merchants’ integrations and post launch expansion initiatives; utilize and build on implementation guides, best practice playbooks, and UAT certification plans
- Work closely with Commercial team counterpart(s) on establishing overall account strategy based on business goals and opportunities
- Consistently demonstrate your technical expertise and knowledge of Affirm’s product suite to increase scope and product adoption from initial launch through scale
- Identify product gaps and/or optimizations to our existing solutions; conduct initial requirements gathering with merchants and provide timely feedback to our product and engineering teams
- Quickly resolve critical technical issues for your accounts; quarterback multi-departmental efforts to resolve complicated issues in a timely manner
What We Look For
- 7+ years experience as a TAM, Solutions Engineer, or other customer facing technical role where you owned key technical relationships
- Comfort reading code in at least two programming languages
- Confident when discussing technical web development concepts
- Engineering managers respect your opinion after talking with you about different technical approaches
- A “think outside the box” approach to complex, bespoke integrations and technical problems
- Exceptional communication skills, with a deep command of the written word (please submit a cover letter when applying - we actually read them!)
- Successful track record in retaining and growing enterprise accounts
- Strong project management skills, capable of influencing internal and external partners to stay on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of pushing yourself academically
Nice To Have:
- Degree in a technical major (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.) or bootcamp grad
- Familiarity with the payments ecosystem
- Familiarity with web/mobile application architecture
- Comfortable writing code in at least one language
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Originally posted on Himalayas