Senior Technical Program Manager - USA
Senior Technical Program Manager (Contract)
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
We are seeking a key contributor to lead programs and portfolios of projects and assist in the development of the PMO as a department. The ideal candidate should have a background using the Agile methodology within project and program management. As a Technical Program Manager, you will help institute best practices, manage the timely delivery of product roadmap projects and influence teams that design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software. You will identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. You'll collaborate with product managers, engineers and product designers to rapidly deliver product solutions that have a broad business impact.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
This is a six-month full time contract role with the expectation of 40 hours per week.
$60 - $70 per hour
What You'll Be Doing:
- Owning and championing the program on behalf of AllTrails and is ultimately responsible for program success
- Providing consistent leadership to team members
- Reporting program status and metrics to AllTrails management and key stakeholders
- Managing all aspects of technical projects including timeline, scope, and resource allocation and ensuring on-time, high-quality product delivery
- Ensuring adoption of standards and procedures around best practices in tooling, automation, and process improvements.
- Looking for opportunities to improve best practices and processes within their own team as well as across the company
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to proactively understand their needs and opportunities to support product delivery
- Communicating with stakeholders and executive leadership
- Driving product development excellence, scale and efficiency throughout AllTrails
- Measuring and track project performance using data, appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Identifying and mitigating risks, proactively surfacing potential issues and unblocking obstacles
- Ensuring cross-functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Fostering a culture of compassion and high performance that reflects our core values
- 5+ years of experience working as a Technical Program Manager
- Passion for program management, and an established track record of managing complex initiatives that span multiple teams and stakeholders while delivering value effectively
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- Solid knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence peers and managers, resolve conflict and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivation, critical thinking, and adaptability; you balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to identify risks to project success; develop effective action plans for remediation and resolution
- Create capacity plans, track utilization of project resources, and manage this against the resource allocation and budget
- Manage day-to-day execution of project implementations. Assist with the planning, tracking, documentation and status updates for the project
- Ability to drive difficult conversations regarding budget, resources and timeline and formally capture and communicate outcomes of those meetings
- Support multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Coda, and Github
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Startup experience or experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Passion for the outdoors
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we're passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It's no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We're focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.