Software Engineer (L5), Customer Service Engineering - Worldwide
20 days ago
About NetflixAt Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created, and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 240 million paid subscribers, and are expanding into new forms of entertainment such as gaming.
About the TeamThe Customer Service Engineering team empowers Netflix Customer Service to help customers resolve issues as they try to stream or sign up for Netflix. We do this by creating a maintainable, scalable, and resilient technology ecosystem that blends in-house and vendor solutions. Our areas of responsibility include our contact center, CRM, CMS, member management system, and other operations tools. We focus on operational and cost efficiency, agent and customer experience, and enabling rapid innovation in how Netflix does Customer Service. We are in the midst of transforming our technology ecosystem from one that is composed of mostly legacy home-grown applications to one that leverages vendor solutions in certain areas while still adding Netflix specific value to meet the needs of our global, best-in-class Customer Service organization. We are looking for a full stack engineer who leans more frontend to join our team and help realize this transformation which will lay the foundation for future innovation.
- 6-8+ years of professional experience designing, building, and shipping quality software on time. You are comfortable working full stack, but are especially passionate about frontend engineering and designing and building intuitive, elegant, and performant user experiences.
- You are self-motivated and can independently work through ambiguity, multi-task effectively, and navigate complex technical systems.
- You thrive in a fast paced dynamic work environment and can move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the business. You are pragmatic and are comfortable making tradeoffs to find the right balance between speed and quality.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills and are comfortable partnering closely with other engineers, product managers, designers, stakeholders, and vendors on a project.
- You are passionate about building quality products and driving real business impact, and you own product development end-to-end: understanding the business requirements, coming up with the right technical design, collaborating with other engineers on implementation, owning testing and quality, delivering solutions that are production ready and follow engineering best practices, and participating in on-call and operational support.
- You are a problem solver and like to challenge yourself with designing and building scalable and high-performing applications and vendor integrations.
- You strive to improve yourself and help your colleagues grow. You foster inclusion and belonging and your co-workers think of you as someone who is kind and does excellent work. You are a great listener and give all voices an opportunity to express themselves.
- You are passionate about building internal solutions and owning the development of enterprise applications. You are passionate about Customer Service and are excited about exploring how to leverage technology to innovate how Netflix does Customer Service in a way that achieves both stellar customer experiences and stellar agent experiences, all while driving business efficiency.
- Create simple and intuitive full stack web applications with a focus on leveraging your subject matter expertise in frontend development
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, and support)
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain microservices that integrate with third-party and Netflix services
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, stakeholders, and vendors on projects
- Communicate technical ideas and work closely with both junior and senior members of the team
- Help uplevel the team and improve efficiency and productivity through activities such as mentoring, code/architecture reviews, and driving the adoption and refinement of engineering best practices
You should have:
- Deep experience with React or similar UI frameworks
- Deep experience with Java or other object oriented programming languages
- Deep experience with API technologies such as GraphQL, gRPC, and REST
- Expert knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and modern design patterns and data layers
- Extensive experience integrating internal and/or third-party services into your solutions
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services
You might have:
- Experience with technologies such as SpringBoot, RDMS, Cassandra, NoSQL, ElasticSearch
- An understanding of or interest in ML/AI and its applications in Customer Service
- An interest in or background in UI/UX Design
- Experience with third party or home grown CRM, CMS, CXM, member management, and/or CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) solutions
Originally posted on Himalayas